John Dixon (bishop)
John Harkness Dixon (23 July 1888 – 1 April 1972) was the 7th Anglican Bishop of Montreal from 1943 to 1960 and then Metropolitan of the Ecclesiastical Province of Canada (and thus Archbishop of Montreal) for a further two years. 
Born in Iroquois, Ontario he was educated at the University of Toronto before embarking on an ecclesiastical career with a curacy at Fenaghvale, Ontario. This was swiftly followed by elevation to posts in Ottawa, during which time he was appointed a Canon of the cathedral . After a further 8 years in the Diocese of Toronto he was appointed Dean of Montreal in 1940  before being made bishop in 1943.
- List of Anglican Bishops of Montreal[permanent dead link]
- Canadian Anglican Archived 2010-05-28 at the Wayback Machine.
- The Times, Thursday, May 24, 1962; pg. 16; Issue 55399; col D Metropolitan Of Canada to retire
- Parish web-Site
- The Times ,Thursday, Jan 11, 1940; pg. 9; Issue 48510; col A New Dean of Montreal appointed
- “Who was Who” 1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
|Bishop of Montreal
Robert Kenneth Maguire
|Metropolitan of Canada
|This article about a Canadian Anglican bishop or archbishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|