Joint Institute for the Study of the Atmosphere and Ocean
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)
The Joint Institute for the Study of the Atmosphere and Ocean (JISAO) has existed since 1977 for the purpose of fostering research collaboration between National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR) and the University of Washington (UW). Dr. John K. Horne is the current director.
It is one of 16 NOAA Cooperative Institutes (CIs).
The JISAO research themes are:
- Climate research and impacts
- Marine ecosystems
- Environmental chemistry
- Ocean and coastal observations
- Seafloor processes
- Protection and restoration of marine resources
- Tsunami observations and modeling
- "Cooperative Institutes". NOAA Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research. Retrieved 2014-04-26.