FC Juventude (Sal)
|Full name||Futebol Clube Juventude|
|Nickname(s)||Juventud, “O Azul”, Clube do Povo da Ilha do Sal|
|Founded||26 February 1962|
|Ground||Estadio Marcelo Leitão
Sal, Cape Verde
|League||Sal Island League|
Futebol Clube Juventude (Capeverdean Crioulo, also in the Sal Crioulo language, ALUPEC or ALUPEK: Juventudi) is a football (soccer) club that had played in the Premier division and plays in the Sal Island League in Cape Verde. It is based in the subdivision of Morro de Cural in the city of Espargos in the island of Sal.
The team entered the national division for the first time after independence in 1999. In 2010 the team won the Sal Island Cup, thus qualifying for the Cape Verdean Cup, the national cup competition.
Its logo color is blue and reads the club name and the island name in the middle of the soccer ball. Its slogan is "Sports and Progress" ("Desporte e Progresso") Its uniform colors has a sky blue t-shirt and gives its name to its nickname O Azul, the other colors are white and the whole colors for away games.
Its current chairman is David Brito who became in 2015 and its manager is Djul(h)iano Santos who managed SC Verdun in the 2014–15 season.
League and cup history
|1999||1A||2||6||3||1||2||9||11||-2||10||Did not advance||Did not participate|
|2012||1A||3||5||2||2||1||8||9||-1||8||Did not advance||Did not participate|
|2011–12||2||1||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||Promoted into the National Championships|
- 1989/90, 1990/91, 1998/99, 2011/12
- Nelson Figueiredo (January–October 2015)
- David Brito (since October 2015)
- Batalha, José; Schöggl, Hans (19 August 2010). "Cape Verde Islands 2009/10". Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation (RSSSF). Retrieved 19 November 2010.
- Schöggl, Hans (12 August 2000). "Cape Verde Islands 1999". Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation (RSSSF). Retrieved 19 November 2010.
- ""Antigamente era uma equipa de referência no Sal" – Nelson Figueiredo" (in Portuguese). Oceanpress. 23 January 2015. Retrieved 23 January 2015.