|Headquarters||600 Fifth Avenue, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10020|
|CEO: Ray Downes
CMO: Peter Melerud
CFO: Rich Willemin
CTO: Simon Roach
|Products||Application delivery controller
KEMP Technologies, Inc. was founded in 2000 in Bethpage, New York and operates in the application delivery controller industry. The company creates load balancing products which balance user traffic between multiple servers in an organization, business or managed service provider’s infrastructure.
In 2010, KEMP opened a European headquarters in Limerick, Ireland. Edison Ventures, Kennet Partners and ORIX Venture Finance invested $16 million into the company for research and development, sales and marketing in early 2012.
In April 2014, KEMP announced a further investment in its Limerick Operations to expand from 30 positions to 80.
KEMP Technologies load balancer software with over 30,000 enterprise customer deployments that need high availability, scalable and secure e-commerce, web and collaboration applications. This enables customers to scale their operations by delivering applications with Layer 4-7 high availability, optimized performance and secure access and also offering users platform flexibility across hardware, software and cloud ADC solutions. The product line supports Microsoft services such as Exchange 2010 and Lync 2010. The company also offers geographic and virtualized load balancing.
In September, KEMP announced it was joining the OpenDaylight Open Source SDN Project.
KEMP's main product, the LoadMaster, is a load balancer built on its own proprietary software platform called LMOS, that enables it to run on almost any platform: As a KEMP LoadMaster appliance, a Virtual LoadMaster (VLM) deployed on Hyper-V, VMWare, on bare metal or in the public cloud. KEMP is available in Azure, where it is in the top 15 deployed applications as well as in AWS and VMWare vCloud Air.
In 2013, Kemp announced that it was adding Pre-Authorization, Single Sign-On (SSO) and Persistent Logging to its product range as a TMG alternative
In March 2015, KEMP launched a free version of LoadMaster: Free LoadMaster
VLM For Azure
In March, 2014, KEMP announced availability on the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform (the first load balancer available there) of the VLM for Azure LoadMaster, a virtual load balancer.
In May, 2015, KEMP announced and launched the world's first SDN adaptive load balancer.
- "EMA Radar for Application Delivery Controllers and Load Balancers: Q4 2011". Enterprise Management Associates. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Kemp Tech Announce Euro HQ in Limerick". Limerick Post. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Investors bet $16 million on growth in application delivery market". Network World. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- Newenham, Pamela (1 April 2014). "Kemp Technologies to create 50 new jobs in Limerick". Irish Times. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- Gee, Mike. "US-based KEMP Technologies moves further into channel with partnering success story". ARN. ARN. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- "Kemp Intros Microsoft Exchange Load Balancer". InformationWeek. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Lync 2010, Load Balancing, & Bandwidth". Windows IT Pro. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Inside KEMP's GEO LoadMaster Geographic Load Balancer". Web Host Industry Review. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Kemp Technologies Virtualizes LoadMaster Technology". GawkWire. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- Tozzi, Christopher. The VAR Guy. TheVarGuy.com http://thevarguy.com/open-source-application-software-companies/090814/kemp-and-infinera-join-opendaylight-open-source-sdn-proje. Retrieved 8 September 2014. Missing or empty
- Bovberg, Json (11 June 2013). "KEMP Provides Smart Load Balancing". Windows IT Pro.
- Talbot, Chris (Sep 24, 2013). "KEMP Brings Layer 7 ADC to Windows Azure". talkincloud.com. Penton.
- "KEMP Technologies Adds Pre-Authorization, Single Sign-On (SSO) and Persistent Logging to Load Balancers as TMG Alternative". The Wall Street Journal. 21 May 2013. Retrieved 20 June 2013.. In 2014, Kemp expanded ESP 2.0 to provide more features.
- "KEMP Technologies Expands Commercial Availability of Best-in-Class L7 Load Balancer Integrated Within Microsoft Azure". Market Wired. 27 March 2014.