Kali Jo VanBaale (born January 20, 1975) is an American novelist. Her first novel, The Space Between, received an American Book Award in 2007, an Independent Publisher's silver medal for general fiction, and the Fred Bonnie Memorial First Novel Award in 2006. Her second novel, The Good Divide was released in 2016.
She grew up in Bloomfield, Iowa.
She has taught creative writing and literature for Drake University and Upper Iowa University. She is currently a faculty member of the Lindenwood University MFA in Writing Program.
- 2009 Iowa Arts Council major artist grant
- 2008 full scholarship to the Key West Literary Seminar and selected for the Robert Stone Advanced Fiction Workshop
- 2007 American Book Award, The Space Between
- 2007 Independent Publisher's Silver Medal for General Fiction, The Space Between
- 2006 Fred Bonnie Memorial First Novelist Award, The Space Between 
- The Good Divide. MGPress. June 2016. ISBN 978-1944850005
- The Space Between. River City Publishing. October 2006. ISBN 978-1-57966-058-1.
- "Behind Lace Curtains". Voices of Alzheimer's. LaChance Publishing LLC. May 28, 2007. ISBN 978-1-934184-01-1.
- "Russian Lullaby and A Tale of Two Names". A Cup of Comfort for Adoptive Families. Adams Media. June 18, 2009.