Kearney & Company
Kearney & Company is a CPA firm established in 1985. It is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia. It exclusively serves the federal government of the United States. Kearney & Company are the 'independent auditors' of the United States Department of State.
History of the company
Founded in 1985, in 2000 the company sold its commercial business to concentrate exclusively on the federal market. The next decade saw a major increase in the company's business, with annual revenues rising from $5 million to close to $75 million, and staff numbers from thirty to over four hundred. In December 2010 the company was named one of 'Washington's fastest-growing companies'. The company was also among Accounting Today's '2010 Best Accounting Firms to Work For'. In a statement of January 2011 CEO Edward F. Kearney opined "you must create your own demand by delivering … quality of service" and added "my style is to find the right players and give them space to do what they do well". Kearney & Company sponsor the Federal Accounting Handbook, and Ed Kearney is one of the co-authors of this manual. Kearney & Company display on their corporate website the American insignia of the bald eagle and the United States Capitol.
- "Kearney & Company – About us". Kearney & Company. Archived from the original on 5 December 2010. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- "US Department of State 2010 Agency Financial Report (vid.p.62)" (PDF). United States Department of State. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- "Statement by Kearney & Company CEO in publication Washington SmartCEO Future 50 January 2011 p.64". SmartCEO. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- "Kearney & Company Named One of 2011's Fast Growth Companies". Kearney & Company. Archived from the original on 13 July 2011. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- "Kearney & Company Named a "2010 Best Accounting Firms To Work For" by Accounting Today". Accounting Today (via Kearney & Company website since Accounting Today requires registration). Archived from the original on 5 December 2010. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- "Federal Accounting Handbook: Policies, Standards, Procedures, Practices". Wiley. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- "Corporate Website – home page, about us". Kearney & Company. Retrieved 14 January 2011.