Administration interface of Kentico CMS 6
|Original author(s)||Kentico Software|
|Initial release||August 1, 2006|
10 / November 30, 2016
|Available in||English, German, French,
Spanish, Italian, Dutch,
Slovak, Czech, Polish
|Type||CMS, WCMS, E-commerce, Online marketing platform|
|License||Proprietary, Free Edition|
Kentico CMS is a web content management system (WCMS) for building websites, online stores, intranets, and Web 2.0 community sites. Kentico CMS utilizes ASP.NET and Microsoft SQL Server. Kentico allows development via its portal engine or using Visual Studio. Kentico is also compatible with Microsoft Windows Azure Platform. Version 10, the most recent version, was released 30 November 2016.
Kentico CMS is developed by Kentico Software. The company was founded in 2004 by Petr Palas and is based in Brno, Czech Republic. In 2008, Kentico opened its first US office and, in 2010, added an office in the UK and a second office in the US.
In 2010, Kentico Software was named the fastest growing technology company in the Deloitte FAST 50 contest in the Czech Republic with five-year growth of 1781%. It was recognized by Deloitte again in 2011. Kentico has received industry recognition including Red Herring 100 Europe Award, DevProConnections Community Choice Awards, and IT Product of the Year Award.
- http://www.kentico.com/product/version-history Kentico Version History]
- CodeProject: Who's Who at The Code Project - "Petr Palas".
- CMS Critic - "Kentico Software Opens UK Office"
- "Deloitte Technology Fast 50 in Central Europe | Deloitte". Deloitte. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- Kentico - "History"
- 2011 DevProConnections - "2011 Community Choice Awards"
- Computerworld - "IT produkt roku".
- CMSWire - "Kentico CMS 4.0 Marries Social Networking and Content Management"
- CMSWire - "New Kentico Enters Beta; What's New for Version 6?"