Kevin Clark (poet)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kevin grew up in New York City and now lives in San Luis Obispo, California, with his wife, Amy Hewes. He holds a PhD in English and an MA in Creative Writing, both from the University of California at Davis, and a BA in English from the University of Florida. He teaches Creative Writing and Literature at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo and at the Rainier Writing Workshop Low Residency MFA Program in Tacoma, Washington.
The author of two full-length poetry collections, three chapbooks, and a textbook on poetry writing, Clark has published poetry and nonfiction in numerous periodicals, including The Southern Review, Antioch Review, Crazyhorse, Denver Quarterly, The Georgia Review, Gulf Coast, Iowa Review, and Ploughshares.
- Lena-Miles Wever Todd Poetry Book Prize from Pleiades Press, for Self-Portrait with Expletives (judge: Martha Collins)
- Angoff Award from The Literary Review
- Self-Portrait with Expletives (Pleiades Press/LSU Press, 2010; ISBN 978-0-8071-3645-4)
- In the Evening of No Warning (New Issues Poetry & Prose, 2002; ISBN 978-1-930974-13-5)
- One of Us (Mille Grazie Press, 2000; chapbook)
- Widow under New Moon (Owl Creek Press, 1990; chapbook)
- Granting the Wolf (State Street Press, 1984; chapbook)
- The Mind's Eye: A Guide to Writing Poetry (Longman, 2007; ISBN 978-0-205-49823-9)
- "Kevin Clark, Ph.D". cla.calpoly.edu/~kclark/. Retrieved October 13, 2013.
- Poets & Writers Entry on Kevin Clark
- Article from the San Luis Obispo Tribune
- Louisiana State University Press Page: Self-Portrait with Expletives
- Pearson Longman Page: The Mind's Eye: A Guide to Writing Poetry
- Review of In the Evening of No Warning
- Bio at Ploughshares
- Poem on the Academy of American Poets Website
- Author Page at New Issues Poetry & Prose
- Author's Website