|Created by||José Fernando Pérez|
|Developed by||Telemundo |
|Directed by||Mauricio Cruz|
|Starring||Mario Cimarro |
|Theme music composer||Nicolas Uribe |
José Carlos Maria
|Opening theme||"Me frena una razon"|
|Country of origin||Colombia|
|No. of episodes||106|
|Executive producer(s)||Hugo León Ferrer|
|Editor(s)||Alba Merchan Hamann|
|Camera setup||Multi camera|
|Running time||42-45 minutes|
|Picture format||SDTV, 480i|
|Original release||January 29, 2008 - June 27, 2008|
|Preceded by||Madre Luna|
|Followed by||El Juramento|
La Traición (Betrayed) is a Colombian-American telenovela co-produced by United States-based Telemundo and RTI Colombia. Telemundo debuted this serial on January 29, 2008, replacing Madre Luna. This show is also known as Betrayed.
Traición is based on the Colombian novel El Caballero de Rauzán, written in 1887 by Felipe Pérez. RTI Colombia made another adaptation of the story in 2000, titled Rauzán. As with most of its soap operas, Telemundo broadcast English subtitles as closed captions on CC3. Filming in Bogotá, Colombia, began in late October, 2007.
BTV started to air this telenovela on August 26, 2008 in Bulgaria. RTV Pink started to air this telenovela on January 26, 2009 in Serbia. TV Puls will start to air this novela on August 31, 2009 in Poland.
This romantic saga features Hugo de Medina, a handsome, mysterious swordsman, with a reputation as a womanizer. His life crashes around him when he finds he suffers from catalepsy, an incurable condition marked by loss of voluntary motion. The same disease felled his father years before.
This dashing young man meets Soledad de Obregon, a gorgeous, refined girl and the two are bound together by sudden passion, though matters are complicated by Hugo's desire to hide his infirmity.
As the adoring couple prepares to marry, tragedy strikes again. Hugo's sinister brother, Alcides, who has always been in love with Soledad, betrays him and steals his betrothed. The rest of the telenovela deals with first Hugo's quest for vengeance and then his attempts to regain the trust and love of Soledad.
This telenovela was originally announced with Mario Cimarro, Sandra Echeverría and Gabriel Porras as stars. Danna Garcia replaced Echeverría and Salvador del Solar replaced Porras, who took the male lead in Madre Luna. Telemundo began airing ads promoting this show in September, before filming began. It apparently shortened the series from the original plan of 130 to 106 episodes.
Telemundo also took a shot at rival network Univision by having Michelle Vieth appear in first-run episodes of this show, while Univision aired Al Diablo con los Guapos from 2007. This highlights that the competition rebroadcasts serials that already aired in Mexico several months ago, while Telemundo usually airs original programming. Michelle Vieth is thus one of the few soap performers to appear on competing US networks at the same time.
- Mario Cimarro .... Hugo de Medina / Alcides de Medina.
- Danna García .... Soledad de Obregón.
- Michelle Vieth....Michelle Phillips.
- Ismael La Rosa... Daniel Von Sirak.
- Harry Geithner .... Francisco/Paco/Paquito.
- Cesar Mora .... Guillermo Burke.
- Virna Flores....Eloísa Renán.
- Rossana Fernández-Maldonado .... Beatriz de Linares
- Mónica Franco .... Rebeca Montenegro.
- Luz Estella Luengas .... Esther de Obregon.
- Germán Rojas .... Lucas de Obregon
- Victoria Góngora .... Helena Burke.
- Flavio Peniche .... Boris.
- Natalia Giraldo .... Tia Antonia.
- Indhira Serrano .
- Liliana Zalazar .... Marina - villain, Boris' wife.
- Sergio Gonzalez .... Doctor Max - killed Daniel's father to find the cure to catalepsy.
- Tiberio Cruz .... Hercules - Arturo's ex-servant, in love with Margot.
- Salvador del Solar .... Arturo de Linares - villain, in love with Margot, wants to enact revenge on Alcides.
- Paulo Quevedo... Vladimir.
- Ricardo Saldarriaga
- Diego Camacho
- Rene Figueroa
- Tommy Vásquez
- Andrés Martínez
- Esmeralda Pinzón .... Matilde.
- Tania Falquez .... Alcides' and Hugo's mother.
- Bastian Madiedo
- Javier Zapata
- Cesar Vargas
- Oscar González
- Mauricio Bravo
- Sigifredo Vega
- Juan Carlos Bedoya
- Laila Viera .... Margot
- Luís Fernando Bohórquez
- Alberto Sornosa
- Juan Carlos Arboleda
- Eduardo Carreño
- Diego Giraldo
|Country||Alternate title/Translation||TV network(s)||Series premiere||Series finale||Weekly schedule||Timeslot|
|Bulgaria||Предателство||bTV||August 26, 2008||January 30, 2009||Monday to Friday||13:30|
|Serbia||Izdaja||RTV Pink||January 26, 2009||April 28, 2009||Monday to Friday||14:00|
|Romania||Tradarea||Acasa TV||Monday to Friday|
|Philippines||La Traicion (The Betrayal)||ABS-CBN||November 17, 2008||May 8, 2009||Monday to Friday|