Latta Park (Charlotte, North Carolina)
Latta Park Pavilion
|Location||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Operated by||Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation|
Latta Park is a 31-acre urban park at 601 East Park Avenue in the Dilworth neighborhood of Charlotte, North Carolina. It features courts for tennis, volleyball, and basketball, as well as lots of benches and picnic facilities, playgrounds, walking trails, fitness trails, and soccer fields. Latta Park was designed to be kid-friendly and is one of the five Charlotte parks that feature a "sprayground", a water themed playground where children can splash and jump.
Latta Park, as well as the neighborhood it sits in, are both named after Edward Dilworth Latta, the early 20th century Charlotte entrepreneur and real estate developer. The park was designed by the English landscape architect Joseph Forsyth Johnson. Adjacent to Latta Park is the Tom Sykes Recreation Center.
- Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation: Latta Park
- Charlotte Observer: Kids (and their elders) keep cool at spraygrounds, August 03, 2008
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Historic Landmarks Commission: Dilworth, The 1911 Expansion
- CBS Charlotte: A Guide To Dilworth and South End
- Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation: Tom Sykes Recreation Center
|This article about a location in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|