Les Brigades du Tigre
|Les Brigades du Tigre|
French movie poster.
|Directed by||Jérôme Cornuau|
|Produced by||Roberto Cipullo
|Written by||Xavier Dorison
|Music by||Claude Bolling
|Edited by||Brian Schmitt|
|Distributed by||TFM Distribution|
|Box office||$10.7 million|
Les Brigades du Tigre is a 2006 French crime film. Based on a very successful 1970s-'80s French television series of the same name the film depicts an Untouchables-type crack "Flying Squad" once formed by Georges Clemenceau to tackle rampant crime in 1912 Paris. The squads became known to the public as "Tiger Brigades", after Clemenceau's nickname "Le Tigre", and were among the first police units to be equipped with automobiles and seriously instructed in French boxing.
Gathering a talented pan-European cast, the film is set in a very rich and interesting Belle Époque, it deals with a lot of real historical plots and characters like the scandal of the Russian Loan, the Triple Entente, the birth of modern profiling and crime-fighting police techniques, the rivalry between the PP (Parisian Prefecture [Police Units]) and the Brigades of Clemenceau, the birth of Socialism and famous Anarchist Movements.
Valentin and his squad of Mobilards are assigned to track down the infamous Bonnot Gang.
- Clovis Cornillac as Commissaire Valentin
- Diane Kruger as Constance Bolkonsky
- Édouard Baer as Inspecteur Pujol
- Olivier Gourmet as Inspecteur Marcel Terrasson
- Stefano Accorsi as Achille Bianchi
- Jacques Gamblin as Jules Bonnot
- Thierry Frémont as Piotr
- Léa Drucker as Léa
- Aleksandr Medvedev as Prince Bolkonsky
- Gérard Jugnot as Claude Faivre
- Agnès Soral as Mademoiselle Amélie
- Éric Prat as Alphonse Bertillon
- Didier Flamand as Louis Lépine
- Philippe Duquesne as Casimir Cagne
- Frédéric Bouraly as Caby
- Mathias Mlekuz as Célestin Hennion
- Nicholas Calderbank as Hollingworth
- Roland Cope as Raymond Poincaré
Les Brigades du Tigre is also the name of a French TV serial, produced between 1974 and 1983.
|This 2000s crime film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a French film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|