Les Reines Prochaines
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Les Reines Prochaines
|Past members||Teresa Alonso|
Les Reines Prochaines (in French, "the Next Queens") are a collectively organised pop band and performance group based in Basel, Switzerland. Their highly lyrical songs are rooted in various genres, including tango, folk, and classical music.
Les Reines Prochaines were founded in 1987 as Les Reines des Couteaux (in French, "The Queens of the Knives") by Teresa Alonso, Regina Florida Schmid, and Muda Mathis; in the following year, they were joined by Fränzi Madörin and Pipilotti Rist. Years later, Gabi Streiff, Sus Zwick, Sibylle Hauert, Michèle Fuchs, and Barbara Naegelin joined as well.
Touring members have included percussionist Dave Kerman, who also appeared on their 2013 release Blut.
The group started as a synth-only band (aside from their voices). At present the musicians (of whom several are also visual artists) play bass, drums, accordion, guitar, clarinet, trompette, and flute. In spite of this their arrangements are quite minimalistic, incorporated into a larger multimedia framework. Their lyrics are poetic and political, and often quite provocative. In their performances, each musician has a unique role; instruments are traded, and the format shifts between song, dance, and spoken word.
- 1990: Jawohl, sie kann’s. Sie hat’s geschafft. (LP/CD)
- 1993: Lob Ehre Ruhm (LP/CD)
- 1995: Le coeur en beurre double gras (CD)
- 1999: Alberta (CD)
- 2003: Protest und Vasen (CD)
- 2005: Starke Kränze (CD)
- 2013: Blut (CD)
- 2017: Schlafen ist individuelle Anarchi (Sleeping is individual anarchy) limited Vinyl Single LRP009
- Claudia Willke. Les Reines Prochaines – Alleine denken ist kriminell. Documentary DE/CH, 2012, 77 minutes.
- "Les Reines Prochaines". nts.live. Retrieved 2020-02-26.
- reinesprochaines.ch / English / About. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- "Les Reines Prochaines - Alleine denken ist kriminell". SWISS FILMS. Retrieved March 31, 2018.