Leucadia, Encinitas, California
Community of Leucadia
|Elevation||62 ft (19 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (PST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
Leucadia is a beach community located in the coastal city of Encinitas, California. The relatively secluded beaches of Leucadia lend it a prominence in Southern California surf culture, and as such, Encinitas is recognized globally as one of the most quintessential surf towns.
The name Leucadia is of Greek origin as its namesake, Lefkada (Leucadia), is one of the Ionian Islands. Early in the community's history, a development company based in San Diego gave Leucadia and its streets their Roman-Greco names of which include: Hymettus, Neptune, Phoebe, Daphne.
Leucadia faces the Pacific Ocean. The community is set on a series of bluffs that stretch along much of the length of the North County coastline, a region of San Diego County. Its beaches are located below steep vertical cliffs lending them a relative seclusion.
In 2003 the Leucadia 101 Main Street Association was created to enhance the economic and civic vitality of Leucadia's Historic North Coast Highway 101 corridor. Notable businesses include Haggo's Organic Taco, featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives television show, in addition to Shatto & Sons—which has been in Leucadia since 1975, a custom t-shirt shop known for their "Keep Leucadia Funky" t-shirts. 
- Endo, Tetsuhiko. "World's 20 Best Surf Towns". National Geographic. National Geographic Society. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "Best Surf Towns: No. 3 Encinitas". Surfer. GrindMedia, LLC. 5 April 2009. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "Definition of Leucadia (noun, LNS, Leucadia) - Numen - The Latin Lexicon - An Online Latin Dictionary". latinlexicon.org. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- Leland Fetzer (2005). San Diego County Place Names A to Z. Sunbelt Publications. pp. 80–81. ISBN 0932653731.
- "Guide to Leucadia Beaches". www.sandiego.org. San Diego Tourism Authority. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "Main Street Approach". Leucadia 101.
- "Haggo's Organic Taco". Food Network.
- "About Shatto & Sons". Shatto & Sons.
|This San Diego County, California–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|