|Industry||Computer and video game industry|
|Founded||November 22, 1995|
|Parent||Index Visual & Games (IVG)|
Bergsala Lightweight (バーグサラ・ライトウェイト?), formerly LightWeight Co., Ltd, is a developer of video games. While LightWeight Co. developed innovative fighting games with samurai themes, such as the Bushido Blade series and the Kengo series, Bergsala Lightweight is currently known for its Hello Kitty games.
The company was founded on November 22, 1995 in Meguroku, Tokyo under managing director Tetsuo Mizuno. The developer Square Co., Ltd. initially had a 40% stake in Lightweight. Lightweight cut its ties with Square in 1998, and in March 1999, Takashi Ueda was appointed as CEO and director of the company. The following month, developer Genki acquired a 40% stake in the company. In March 2001 Lightweight became a wholly owned subsidiary of Genki, but dissolved this connection on March 31, 2006 when Lightweight was bought by Index Visual & Games, Ltd. Ueda retired in his position in November 2007.
- Bushido Blade (1997) PlayStation
- Bushido Blade 2 (1998) PlayStation
- Kengo: Master of Bushido (2000) PlayStation 2
- Kabuki Warriors (2001) Xbox
- Kengo 2: Legacy of the Blade (2002) PlayStation 2
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2003) PlayStation 2
- Kengo 3 (2004) PlayStation 2
- Hissatsu Urakagyou (2005) PlayStation 2
- Eco Creatures: Save the Forest (2007) Nintendo DS
- Sky Diving (2008) PlayStation 3