Lisa S. at the Extravagant Simplicity Crossroads Foundation Fundraising Gala 2011
|Birth name||Lisa Selesner|
May 26, 1975 |
|Spouse(s)||Daniel Wu (2010 - present)|
|Children||Raven (b. 2013)|
Life and career
She was born in Monaco to a French-Chinese father and a White American mother, but grew up in New York City where she was talent-scouted to be a model at age 14. S was raised by her mother and her stepfather, Gary Selesner, who is currently the president of Caesars Palace.
Selesner grew up in the United States. She began modeling at age 14. She shortened her Selesner surname to S because, she said, after moving to Hong Kong in 2000, 'no one could pronounce it'. In Hong Kong she became a top model who lent her exotic looks to fashion catwalks and appeared in advertisements for brands like Citibank, De Beers diamonds, and Olay skincare. She has been described as a "bewitching designer-clad international model." She loves to travel. She hosted a lifestyle programme on TV in Hong Kong. She also starred in three Hong Kong movies: Silver Hawk (2004), Rob-B-Hood (2006) and A Mob Story (2007). She and her boyfriend have sometimes been involved in controversies where paparazzi photographers with telephoto lenses allegedly took pictures of them inside their home and published these pictures; one newspaper reported that they were "infuriated" over this invasion of privacy.
She is the founder of the monthly beauty box subscription 'Glamabox' which is provided in Hong Kong, Taiwan, China and Singapore.
- http://www.alivenotdead.com/lisas/details.htm Profile details - Lisa S.l
- "Model Lisa S Turns VJ". Asian Bite. 2009-09-18. Archived from the original on 2010-04-23. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "Lisa S catches the travel bug". Star-eCentral. 2008-09-30. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- Chang May Choon (Sep 6, 2008). "Model turns VJ". asiaone: The New Paper. Archived from the original on September 15, 2008. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-08-08. Retrieved 2014-07-30.
- "Voyeurism hits home -- Hong Kong stars are infuriated as the paparazzi train telephoto lenses on their privacy at home". eCentral. April 30, 2006. Retrieved 2009-08-31.[dead link]
- "My Wedding!!!". alive not dead. 2010-04-17. Retrieved 2010-04-17.