List of museums of Greek and Roman antiquities
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of museums with major collections of Greek and Roman antiquities)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Naples Archaeological Museum, Naples, Italy
- 130,000 objects 
- State Hermitage, St Petersburg, Russia
- 106,000 objects (Misleading collection, includes many objects from ancient settlements on the Northern Black Sea coast)
- British Museum, London, UK
- 100,000 objects
- National Archaeological Museum, Athens, Greece
- 100,000 objects
- Antikensammlung Berlin, (Held at the Altes Museum and Pergamon Museum), Berlin, Germany
- Istanbul Archaeology Museum, Istanbul, Turkey
- 53,000 objects (Misleading Collection. Total collection size: 1 million objects of which 800,000 coins, 75,000 books, 75,000 Ancient Neat East cuneiform tablets, 2000 enamels and various Ancient Near Eastern objects)
- Musée du Louvre, Paris, France
- 45,000 objects
- Getty Villa, Malibu, USA
- 44,000 objects
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, USA
- 35,000 objects
- University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, Pennsylvania, USA
- 30,000 objects
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, USA
- 18,000 objects (Misleading collection, includes Nubian and Ancient Near East collections)
-  Archived August 19, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Greece and Rome". British Museum. Retrieved 2015-12-27.
- "Το μουσείο που γράφει ιστορία". Ethnos.gr. 2009-04-27. Retrieved 2015-12-27.
- [dead link]
-  Archived September 26, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived March 19, 2005, at the Wayback Machine.
- ":: Republic Of Turkey Ministry Of Culture And Tourism". Kultur.gov.tr. 2006-09-15. Retrieved 2015-12-27.
- Musée du Louvre; 2005 Annual Report - Tableau récapitulatif de l'état d'avancement de l'informatisation des collections fin 2005, page 185.
- "The J. Paul Getty Museum : Homepage". Getty.edu. Retrieved 2015-12-27.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20070814105603/http://www.metmuseum.org/Works_of_Art/introduction.asp?dep=13. Archived from the original on August 14, 2007. Retrieved August 17, 2007. Missing or empty
- "Penn Museum - University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology". Museum.upenn.edu. Retrieved 2015-12-27.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20070814113954/http://mfa.org/collections/index.asp?key=19. Archived from the original on August 14, 2007. Retrieved August 17, 2007. Missing or empty