||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Lou is the stage name of Louise Hoffner (born October 27, 1963 in Waghäusel), a German pop singer. She was the sixth child of her parents brothers and sisters. She toured with her band for 15 years, in Germany as well as abroad.
Lou participated in the 2001 Eurovision national finals, coming in third place. Shortly before Christmas 2002, composer Ralph Siegel asked her if she would be interested in competing in the national finals again with "Let's Get Happy", a song he had written with lyricist Bernd Meinunger.
Lou won the German 2003 finals on March 7, which qualified her to represent Germany at the Eurovision Song Contest 2003 in Riga where she came in 11th place. In March 2006, she made a guest appearance at that year's German Eurovision preselection, singing "Let's Get Happy" in a medley of past German Eurovision entries.
- 1999 PartyGang Live (Promo Album)
- 2001 Singles: Happy Birthday Party, Sha La La La Lee
- 2003 Singles: Let's get happy, Sunshine Dancing / The show must go on, Lou Tango
- 2003 For You (Album, Jupiter Records/Sony BMG)
- 2004 Singles: Dankeschoen, Ich werd dich lieben (Ich werd dich hassen), Ich will leben
- 2004 Ich will leben (Album, Goodlife Records/ZYX)
- 2009 Singles: Im Labyrinth der Liebe, Dein Bild in meinem Portmonnaie, Heut Nacht oder nie
- 2011 Blaue Nacht (Album)
- 2013 Singles: Im Labyrinth der Liebe, Heut Nacht oder nie
- 2013 EP: Special Edition Berlin 2013
- 2013 Gefühl On The Rocks (Album)
Her albums "For You", "Ich will leben" and "Blaue Nacht" as well as her singles "Im Labyrinth der Liebe" and "Heut Nacht oder nie" can be downloaded at various stores like iTunes and amazon.
- "Happy to Sing for Germany". Deutsche Welle. 2003-05-23. Retrieved 2008-09-07.
with I Can't Live Without Music
|Germany in the Eurovision Song Contest
with Can't Wait Until Tonight