Moving in Secret
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Moving in Secret|
|Studio album by Secret|
|Released||October 18, 2011|
|Genre||K-pop, Dance-pop, Synthpop|
|Singles from Moving in Secret|
Moving in Secret is the first studio album of South Korean girl group Secret. It was released on October 18, 2011 by TS Entertainment. The title track, "Love is Move", was released on October 17, 2011.
Background and release
On August 28, 2011, TS Entertainment revealed that Secret would release their first full-length album in Korea before returning with "Shy Boy" in Japan in November 2011. On September 9, TS Entertainment confirmed that Secret would make a comeback with their second full-length album sometime in October, joining Girls Generation, Kara, T-ara, Brown Eyed Girls, IU and Wonder Girls with the same promotion cycle in late 2011. On October 11, TS Entertainment revealed that the title of their first full-length album was to be Moving in Secret and their new song would show Secret's confident and sexy side. The same day, the official album cover and track listing were unveiled, and their agency revealed that the producers for their comeback song, titled "Love is Move", were Kang Ji Won and Kim Ki Bum, the same producers of their previous hits such as "Magic", "Madonna", "Shy Boy" and "Starlight Moonlight". They added that "Love is Move" is a pop dance song that has "enhanced Secret's colors" and will have an "addictive chorus plus strong beats". The official music video for "Love is Move" was released on October 17, 2011, with the album release the next day.
A 20-second sample of the song, featuring horns, synthesizers and drum instrumentation.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
"Love is Move" is an uptempo song, composed in a contemporary pop style. Its lyrics tells of a falling relationship in a woman's perspective on how the protagonists incessantly warns her lover that she shouldn't be taken for granted because her feelings towards him might change instantly. The song incorporates various instruments, including horns, electric guitar, bass effect, synthesizers and heavy drum instrumentation. The song layers background vocals throughout the chorus and sections of the bridge. "Love is Move" is a retro-inspired song that draws its influences from the 1930s swing music. Kang Ji Won and Kim Ki Bum both produced, wrote the song's lyrics and melody, while Kang Ji Won arranged the track. According to Catherine Deen from Yahoo! Philippines, "Love is Move" promises to be an updated pop-rock dance-floor romp for Secret unlike [their] previous hits [such as] "Madonna" and "Magic".
The concept of the music video for "Love is Move" was inspired by 1930s cartoon character Betty Boop. TS Entertainment said in a press release, "The Betty Boop character is still an icon to many women because of her ability to speak her mind while still maintaining her feminine charisma. The idea behind Betty Boop seemed to match the haughty and confident image that Secret is trying to express for this concept."
Love is Move was performed on various live television music shows. Secret had their comeback performance on Mnet's M! Countdown on October 20, 2011, performing Don't Laugh in addition to Love is Move. The group performed Love is Move on various music shows such as Music Bank, Music Core, MTV's The Show and Inkigayo throughout October and November 2011. Secret also performed the song on many Hallyu Dream Concerts and on various international television appearances. Secret performed Love is Move on B.A.P's debut showcase held in Seoul, South Korea in January 2012. The group also performed the song on MBC's 2012 Music Festival.
In South Korea, Love is Move entered the Gaon Single Charts at number 3 during the week of October 23, 2011. The song debuted on Billboard's K-Pop Hot 100 chart at number 39. The following week it jumped 36 places and peaked at number 3 on the K-Pop Hot 100 chart.
|1.||"Love is Move" (사랑은 MOVE; Sarangeun MOVE)||Kang Jiwon, Kim Kibum||Kang Jiwon, Kim Kibum||Kang Jiwon||3:20|
|2.||"Sexy" (섹시하게; Sexyhage)||Kim Kibum, Marco||Kim Kibum, Marco||Marco||3:25|
|3.||"Don't Laugh" (웃지좀마; Eutji Jom Ma)||Im Sanghyuk, Jeon Daun, Hana||Im Sanghyuk, Jeon Daun||Im Sanghyuk, Jeon Daun||3:43|
|4.||"Movie Star"||Taebong-i, Ssaijyeo, Yeonpil, Hana||Taebong-i, Ssaijyeo||Taebong-i, Ssaijyeo||3:18|
|5.||"Amazinger" (Hana solo)||Marco, Hana||Marco||Marco||3:31|
|7.||"I Hope" (바래; Barae)||Im Sanghyuk, Jeon Daun||Im Sanghyuk, Jeon Daun||Im Sanghyuk, Jeon Daun||3:39|
|9.||"Neverland"||Inwoo||Park Suseok||Park Suseok||3:31|
|10.||"Love is Move" (Instrumental)||Kang Jiwon, Kim Kibum||Kang Jiwon, Kim Kibum||Kang Jiwon||3:20|
Credits and personnel
These credits were adapted from the Moving in Secret liner notes.
- Kim Tae-sung – executive producer co-producing
- Song Jieun - vocals
- Han Sunhwa - vocals
- Jun Hyoseong - vocals
- Jung Hana - vocals, rap, songwriting
- Kang Jiwon - co-producing, songwriting, arranger, music
- Kim Kibum - co-producing, songwriting, music
|Gaon Weekly album chart||3|
|Gaon Monthly album chart||10|
|Gaon Yearly album chart||93|
|Gaon physical sales||16,619|
|South Korea||October 18, 2011||CD, Digital||TS Entertainment
|October 23, 2011||Digital|
- "시크릿, 소녀시대 맞대결 무기 '섹시 블랙': SECRET to go head to head against SNSD with ‘Sexy Black’ concept" (in Korean). Nate. Retrieved 3 January 2012.
- "시크릿 뮤비 티저 공개! 블랙 카리스마 ‘완전 블링블링~’: SECRET reveals new teaser photo for "Move"!" (in Korean). Nate. Retrieved 3 January 2012.
- Park, HyunMin (October 18, 2011). "Secret Says ′Come On′ with ′Love is MOVE′". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved January 11, 2012.
- Deen, Catherine (October 17, 2011). "K-Pop girl group Secret channels Betty Boop in new release". Yahoo!PH, O-Kpop. Yahoo! Southeast Asia. Retrieved January 11, 2012.
- Moving in Secret(Liner Notes) (Digital Download). Secret (South Korean group). Seoul, South Korea: LOEN Entertainment. 2011.
- "TS Entertainment discusses the concept behind SECRET’s "Move"". AllKpop. Retrieved 3 January 2012.
- "K-Pop Hot 100 (Week of October 29, 2011)". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011-10-29. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "K-Pop Hot 100 (Week of November 5, 2011)". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011-11-05. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "iTunes - Music - Moving In Secret". Apple. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "Gaon Album Chart". Gaon Chart. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- 2011년 총 결산 앨범 차트 (in Korean). Gaon. 2011-02-24. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
- "Gaon physical sales". Gaon Chart. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- on YouTube