MDA Space Missions
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Dan King (Director Business Development ),
Tim Reedman (Director Commercial Systems),Craig Thornton (General Manager)
|Parent||MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd.|
MDA's Robotics and Automation is a Canadian manufacturer subsidiary of MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd.. It specialized in the manufacture of robotic arms and equipment for space applications, most notably the Canadarm on the space shuttle orbiters, and Canadarm-2 on the International Space Station.
MDA products and services
In addition to design, safety, reliability, and quality assurance engineering services, MDA's previous contracted products include:
- Canadarm2 for the International Space Station
- RADARSAT-1, the first commercial radar earth observation satellite
- RADARSAT-2, the world's most advanced civilian radar earth observation satellite
- Special Purpose Dexterous Manipulator also known as "Dextre" or the "Canada Arm"
- The robotic arm and weather station on Phoenix mission to Mars
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|