MDA Space Missions
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Craig Thornton (General Manager)|
|Parent||MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd.|
MDA's Robotics and Automation is an operating unit of MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Ltd.,
Exemplified by the iconic Canadarm, MDA has the proven experience to develop and produce advanced solutions for demanding operational environments spanning markets as diverse as manned and unmanned space exploration, robotic surgery, aviation navigation, and nuclear reactor maintenance.
MDA products and services
In addition to design, safety, reliability, and quality assurance engineering services, MDA's previous contracted products include:
- Canadarm2 for the International Space Station
- RADARSAT-1, the first commercial radar earth observation satellite
- RADARSAT-2, the world's most advanced civilian radar earth observation satellite
- Special Purpose Dexterous Manipulator also known as "Dextre" or the "Canada Hand"
- The robotic arm and weather station on Phoenix mission to Mars
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2014)|
- CanWest News Service, '"Canada Hand" successfully installed', 15 March 2006
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|