Music Managers Forum
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Music Managers Forum (MMF) is a professional community of music managers. At present its membership stands at over 500 managers based in the UK with global businesses and a wider network of 1700 managers in the USA. The membership manages over 1,000 artists including Arctic Monkeys, Elton John, Lily Allen, Mumford & Sons, Robbie Williams, Ella Eyre, Paul McCartney, Radiohead, Royal Blood, Kaiser Chiefs and many more.
History and governance
Founded in 1992 at the In The City conference in Manchester and formally incorporated in January 1993 as The Managers Forum Ltd and known as the IMF (International Managers Forum), it changed its name in 2005 to the Music Managers Forum to avoid ambiguity with other organisations, becoming known as the MMF.
The MMF runs training programmes, courses and events designed to educate and inform artist managers.
Courses and events run so far have included the MMF Induction Day course which runs four times a year, the Artist Management Development Programme and the MMF/MPA Music Publishing Programme as well as regular seminars, open meetings, roundtables and workshops.
The MMF website states that:
"We engage, advise and lobby industry associates and wider industry issues relevant to managers... we continue to recruit members and grow our network so we are truly representative of the wider management community."
MMF represents its members views through consultations & submissions to UK/EU/US governments, statements within the media, membership of UK Music, the IMMF and dialogue with collecting societies.
- "Some Artists Our Members Represent ‹ The MMF". themmf.net. Retrieved 2016-03-23.
- "UK's Music Managers Forum appoints new CEO, Jon Webster becomes President - Music Business Worldwide". Music Business Worldwide. Retrieved 2016-03-23.
- "MMF Induction Day ‹ The MMF". www.themmf.net. Retrieved 2016-03-23.
- "MMF Training". www.mmf-training.com. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "About ‹ The MMF". www.themmf.net. Retrieved 2016-03-23.
- "MMF Australia".
- "MMF Ireland".
- "MMF US".
- "IMMF – International Music Managers Forum".
- "MMF report calls for greater transparency on 'digital dollar' - M Magazine". M magazine: PRS for Music online magazine. Retrieved 2016-03-23.
- User, Super. "Meetings". 28.ilmc.com. Retrieved 2016-03-24.