Music Managers Forum
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Music Managers Forum (MMF) is a professional community of music managers. At present its membership stands at over 500 managers based in the UK with global businesses and a wider network of 1700 managers in the USA.
History and governance
Founded in 1992 at the In the City conference in Manchester and formally incorporated in January 1993 as The Managers Forum Ltd. and known as the IMF (International Managers Forum), it changed its name in 2005 to the Music Managers Forum to avoid ambiguity with other organisations, becoming known as the MMF.
In May 2017, Jon Webster stood down as president.
Following a change in governance, in July 2017 a round of board elections was held. Designed to increase diversity and inclusivity, the new rules mean the board must rotate annually. Board members are now elected to serve only a fixed three-year term, and at least five members will be required to stand down each year.
During 2017’s board elections, Stephen Budd stepped down as co-chair, with Diane Wagg becoming the sole-chair, and Biffy Clyro co-manager Paul Craig stepping into the newly created role of Vice Chair.
The MMF runs training programmes, courses and events designed to educate and inform artist managers.
Courses and events run so far have included the MMF Essentials of Music Management Day  course which runs four times a year, the Artist Management Development Programme and the MMF/MPA Music Publishing Programme as well as regular seminars, open meetings, roundtables and workshops.
MMF represents its members views through consultations and submissions to UK/EU/US governments, statements within the media, membership of UK Music, the European Music Managers Alliance (EMMA) and dialogue with collecting societies.
- "UK's Music Managers Forum appoints new CEO, Jon Webster becomes President—Music Business Worldwide". Music Business Worldwide. Retrieved 2016-03-23.
- "'Music industry legend' Jon Webster steps down as MMF President—Music Business Worldwide". Music Business Worldwide. 2017-05-25. Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- "Diane Wagg becomes sole MMF chair as Stephen Budd steps down". Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- "MMF Induction Day ‹ The MMF". www.themmf.net. Retrieved 2016-03-23.
- "MMF Training". www.mmf-training.com. Retrieved 2016-03-24.
- "MMF Australia".
- "MMF Ireland".
- "MMF US".
- "IMMF—International Music Managers Forum".
- "MMF report calls for greater transparency on 'digital dollar'—M Magazine". M magazine: PRS for Music online magazine. Retrieved 2016-03-23.
- "Meetings". 28.ilmc.com. Retrieved 2016-03-24.