M. S. Banga
|M. S. Banga|
Banga at the World Economic Forum annual meeting in Davos, 2010
|Born||Manvinder Singh Banga
October 31, 1954
|Other names||Vindi Banga|
Banga graduated from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi in 1975 and did BTech degree in Mechanical Engineering. He earned a master in business administration from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM-A).
Banga worked for Unilever for 33 years. He served as the chairman and chief executive officer of Hindustan Lever Ltd.. In February 2005, as part of a major reorganization of Unilever's upper management, Banga was elevated to the Unilever Executive, as the global head of the Foods division.
Banga is currently a non-executive director on the Boards of Glaxo Smith Kline Plc, Thomson Reuters, and Marks & Spencers. He served on the Prime Minister of India's Council for Trade & Industry from 2004 to 2014. He was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the President of India in 2010.
Banga is an advisor to the Karta Initiative, a non profit organisation.
Banga has a wife, Kamini. Ajay Banga (Ajaypal Singh Banga) is his brother and is currently the president and chief executive officer of MasterCard. Tavraj Banga is his son and a senior executive at the buy-out firm Terra Firma.
- "Company Overview of Kedaara Capital Investment Managers Limited: Manvinder Singh Banga". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "Our leadership team: Vindi Banga". Marks and Spencers. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "33 years on, Vindi Banga quits Unilever". The Times of India. March 19, 2010. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "Banga elevated as global foods head ", The Financial Express, 11 February 2005 "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 25 August 2006. Retrieved 2006-11-28.
- "Board of Directors: Manvinder Singh (Vindi) Banga". GSK. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Padma Awards: Press Note" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs. 25 January 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 November 2011. Retrieved 24 December 2011.
- "Karta Initiative". Karta-initiative.org. 29 December 2016.
- (12 April 2010.) "MasterCard Names Ajay Banga President and Chief Executive Officer Succeeding Robert W. Selander." Mastercard.com. Accessed January 2012
- Gupte, Masoom (17 July 2015). "December bash to toast May wedding of Vindi Banga's son". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2 October 2017.