Maciste contro il vampiro
|Directed by||Sergio Corbucci
|Produced by||Paolo Moffa|
|Music by||Angelo Francesco Lavagnino|
|Edited by||Eraldo Da Roma|
|Distributed by||American International Pictures (USA)|
Maciste contro il vampiro (internationally released as Maciste Vs. the Vampire, Goliath and the Island of Vampires, Goliath and the Vampires and The Vampires) is a 1961 Italian fantasy-peplum film directed by Sergio Corbucci and Giacomo Gentilomo. It was noticed that the visual style of the film was inspired by Mario Bava's films.
- Gordon Scott: Maciste
- Gianna Maria Canale: Astra
- Jacques Sernas: Kurtick
- Leonora Ruffo: Guja
- Annabella Incontrera: Magda
- Mario Feliciani: Omar
Wild East Productions released this on a limited edition DVD in 2007 in a double feature with Goliath and the Barbarians.
Gordon Scott's performance has been evaluated as "above average" in comparison to other contemporary genre flics.
- Hughes, Howard (2011). Cinema Italiano - The Complete Guide From Classics To Cult. London - New York: I.B.Tauris. ISBN 978-1-84885-608-0.
- Michele Giordano. Giganti buoni. Gremese Editore, 1998. pp. 63, 65.
- J. Gordon Melton. The Vampire Book: The Encyclopedia of the Undead. Visible Ink Press, 2010. p. 384.
- Hughes, p.9
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|