Mama Digdown's Brass Band
|Mama Digdown's Brass Band|
New Orleans jazz
Mama Digdown's Brass Band was formed by two former University of Wisconsin-Madison music students, Eric Jacobson and Christopher Ohly. The group played its first shows in Madison, Wisconsin in 1993, at the local Art Fair on the Square. They released four full-length albums over the next several years, and followed with the live album Delicious, recorded in Madison, in late 2002.
The group has done concert tours across the United States and Europe. Their 2006 live album Ascona was recorded at a Switzerland jazz festival. In December 2009 they released their fifth studio album, We Make 'Em Say Ooh, and followed up the album's release with shows during Mardi Gras season in New Orleans. They are planning to release an album of Michael Jackson covers entitled Brass Jackson in 2016.
- North of New Orleans (1996)
- Big Boy (1998)
- Slippery 7 (1999)
- Mama's House (2001)
- Delicious: Live at the King Club (2002)
- The Digdown Decade (2005)
- Ascona (2006)
- We Make 'Em Say Ooh (2009)
- Live (2012)
- Erik Jacobsen- Sousaphone / Leader
- Christopher 'Roc' Ohly- Saxophone / Leader
- Jeff 'K-Town' Maddern- Trumpet
- Ben 'Kid' Bell Bern- Trumpet
- Dave Skogen - Snare Drum
- Jordan Cohen- Bass Drum
- Matt Hanzelka- Trombone
- Joe Goltz- Trombone
- Darren Sterud - Trombone
- Nat Macintosh - Trombone
*Mike Boman *Steve Rogness *Nick Bartell *Evan 'Basic Sam' Morgan *Moses Patrou *Tom Leith *Scott Campbell *Ben Mcintosh *Michael Hanson
- Mama Digdown's Brass Band 15th Anniversary Party. Isthmus, September, 2008.
- Review of Delicious. Wisconsin State Journal, February 6, 2003.
- Mama Digdown's Brass Band Thursday at the Surf Club. Washington City Paper, June 18, 2009.
- Bertha Meets Mama Digdown. Baltimore City Paper, June 18, 2009.
- Mama Digdown's Brass Band. The A.V. Club, December 12, 2009.
- Album Review. Dane101.com
- Recent Obsessions: Mama Digdown. The Capital Times 77 Square, February 3, 2010.
- Mama Digdown's Brass Band. Chicago Reader, February 2010.
- Mama Digdown's Brass Band to record brassed-up Michael Jackson tribute. The A.V. Club, December 8, 2009.