Mark Lewis (kicker)
Lewis in 2017
|No. 18 Tampa Bay Storm|
|Date of birth:||March 25, 1979|
|Place of birth:||Altamonte Springs, Florida|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school:||Longwood (FL) Lyman|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career Arena statistics|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
Mark Lewis (born March 25, 1979) is an arena football placekicker for the Tampa Bay Storm of the Arena Football League (AFL). He has also played for the Tennessee Valley Vipers, Detroit Fury, Las Vegas Gladiators, Columbus Destroyers, Austin Wranglers and Dallas Vigilantes.
Lewis attended Lyman High School in Longwood, Florida, where he was a two sport athlete, participating soccer and football. Lewis was one of the top prep players in the state of Florida for soccer. He joined the football team after his friend, Joe Gioia, had dared Lewis that he couldn't kick a football as far as a soccer ball.
Lewis continued his soccer career when he earned a scholarship to play at Florida International University. After one season at FIU, Lewis transferred to University of North Carolina at Charlotte, where he played a single season for the 49ers before quitting soccer.
Lewis began playing professional football in 2003, when he signed with the Tennessee Valley Vipers of af2. Playing for the Austin Wranglers in 2007, Lewis enjoyed the best year of his career, earning First Team All-Arena honors and was named the AFL Kicker of the Year.
- "Mark Lewis". www.arenafootball.com. Arena Football League. Retrieved January 20, 2014.
- Jill Cousins (March 29, 1998). "Lewis Stands Out As Top Dog For Greyhounds". www.orlandosentinel.com. Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved January 20, 2014.
- Stephanie Storm (February 6, 1998). "Lyman's Lewis Signs With Top School Fiu". www.orlandosentinel.com. Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved January 20, 2014.
- Austin Lyon (July 21, 2012). "After late start in football, Lyman grad Mark Lewis makes mark as Preds kicker". www.orlandosentinel.com. Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved January 20, 2014.
- Jeremy Martin (June 28, 2007). "Two Wranglers Get Individual AFL Honors". www.austinchronicle.com. Austin Chronicle Corp. Retrieved January 20, 2014.
- "Mark Lewis Named AFL Kicker Of The Year For 2007". www.oursportscentral.com. OurSports Central. July 2, 2007. Retrieved January 20, 2014.
|This biographical article relating to an American football kicker is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Arena Football League-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|