Mary Emily Gonsalves
|Mary Emily Gonsalves|
Sister Mary Emily FC with her Sitara-e-Imtiaz medal
Mangalore, British Raj
9 January 2017 (aged 97–98)|
|Education||masters degree in English and Economics|
|Years active||1944 - 2017|
|Known for||Principal, St. Joseph's College, Karachi|
Mary Emily Gonsalves was a Roman Catholic nun from Karachi, Pakistan.
She was born in Mangalore, India in 1919. She started her teaching career in a school in Byculla, Bombay in 1940. In 1944 she joined the Daughters of the Cross religious congregation. She went on to do a master's degree in English and Economics. She taught in a college in Calcutta before she moved to Pakistan in 1957.
From 1972 to 1982 Sister Mary Emily was the Principal of the St. Joseph's College (Karachi), Pakistan. St. Joseph's is one of Pakistan's leading Colleges. In 2007, 1,548 students were studying in the college with a total of 78 teachers.
Sr. Emily died in Karachi on 9 January 2017.
- Mustafa, Zubeida (11 January 2017). "Sister Mary Emily". Dawn.
- "Letters - 'So much to do'". Dawn. 18 August 2004. Retrieved 15 July 2018.
- From private to public and back again The News, Karachi, 15 August 2007
- "Dawn 2005/05/08". Archived from the original on 27 September 2007.
- "Daily Times 24 March 2009". Archived from the original on 7 June 2011.
- Tribune 11 January 2017
|This article about an educator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Pakistani religion-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Catholic Church-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|