Matt Suiche (2012)
|Born||22 September 1988|
|Known for||Computer security
Matthieu "Matt" Suiche (born September 22, 1988), also known under the handle "msuiche", is a French hacker and entrepreneur widely known as the founder of MoonSols, and co-founder of CloudVolumes before it was acquired by VMWare in 2014. In March 2014, Suiche was highlighted as one of the 100 key French developers in a report for French minister Fleur Pellerin.
Suiche is best known for his work in the memory forensics and computer security fields. His most notable research contributions include Windows hibernation file analysis and Mac OS X physical memory analysis.
Furthermore, he created LiveCloudKd, a utility to analyze running Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines. Later Mark Russinovich, Microsoft Technical fellow, highlighted it on his blog before introducing a similar feature in one of Microsoft's tool. Russinovich also said "We were so impressed that we invited Matthieu to speak about live kernel debugging and LiveCloudKd at this year’s BlueHat Security Briefings".
Suiche started his career as an independent security researcher by presenting his work about Microsoft Windows hibernation file for the first time at the international conference PacSec held in Tokyo, Japan in 2007. He also had been invited by Europol to speak at their internal High Tech Crime Experts Meeting in 2008 Between 2009 and 2010, he worked as a researcher for Netherlands Forensic Institute in The Hague, The Netherlands, before starting MoonSols which is specialized in memory forensics and incident response.
Suiche also had been a frequent speaker at various computer security conferences such as Black Hat Briefings, Microsoft Blue Hat Hacker Conference, Shakacon, Hackito Ergo Sum, Europol High Tech Crime Experts Meeting, CanSecWest, PacSec, Hack In The Box, SyScan and Shakacon.
He is on the board of Program Committee of Shakacon security conference, and one of the founder of Hackito Ergo Sum security conference in Paris, France.
Pwnie Awards 2013
In 2012, Suiche was part of the security researchers, along several other well-known security researchers, who submitted a bogus article entitled the article "Nmap: The Internet Considered Harmful - DARPA Inference Checking Kludge Scanning" to Hakin9 Information Security Magazine. This article had been used as a social proof to demonstrate the lack of relevance and expertise of certain medias dedicated to Information Security, but also to criticize spamming techniques used by medias in order to generated quantity-oriented data rather than quality-oriented information. The following year, this article resulted in having the 2013 Pwnie Awards attributed to Hakin9 under the "Most Epic FAIL" category.
Awards and recognition
- 2009-2015, Microsoft Most Valuable Professional.
- 2014, One of the 100 top key developers in France.
- Debugged! Mz/Pe: Magazine For/From Practicing Engineers by Dmitry Vostokov, Matthieu Suiche and Roberto Alexis Farah, OpenTask ISBN 1-90-671738-9, 2009
- VMware Acquires CloudVolumes, Pioneer of Real-Time Application Delivery Technologies, August 20, 2014
- Ministère des Petites et Moyennes Entreprises, de l’Innovation et de l’Économie numérique, "Les développeurs, un atout pour la France ", March 06, 2014
- Matthieu Suiche. Black Hat Briefings US 2008.Windows hibernation file for fun and profit.
- Matthieu Suiche. Black Hat Briefings DC 2010.Advanced Mac OS X Physical Memory Analysis
- MoonSols, LiveCloudKd
- "LiveKd for Virtual Machine Debugging".
- Softpedia, LiveKd 5.0 for Hyper-V Debugging Released to Windows Sysinternals
- Microsoft, Microsoft Security Bulletin MS10-048 - Important
- Microsoft, Microsoft Security Bulletin MS10-058 - Important
- Reuters, Microsoft to thank Google researcher for privately reporting Windows bugs
- Microsoft, Most Valuable Professional
- Nicolas Ruff, Matthieu Suiche (2007). Enter Sandman (why you should never go to sleep). PacSec
- "High Tech Crime Experts Meeting". Archived from the original on January 2, 2009.
- Yahoo Finance, "CloudVolumes Delivers Industry’s First Instant Workload Management Solutions to Reduce Complexity, Increase Efficiency and Provide Mobility within the Datacenter and Cloud", BusinessWire, May 07, 2013
- Bloomberg Businessweek, Matthieu Suiche
- Bloomberg, "SnapVolumes Secures $2.3 Million Seed Financing to Redefine Application Deployment and Management of Virtual Desktops, Servers", BusinessWire, November 07, 2012
- NetworkWorld, Quirky moments at Black Hat DC 2011
- Microsoft,BlueHat Security Briefings: Fall 2010 Sessions
- PC World VN, Hội thảo bảo mật SyScan 2010: Nhiều chủ đề hấp dẫn
- The Register, Experts troll 'biggest security mag in the world' with submission
- Slashdot, Pwnie Awards 2013 Winners: Barnaby Jack, Edward Snowden, Hakin9, Evad3rs
- Pwnie Awards, Pwnie for Most Epic FAIL