Melnyk is a surname of the Ukrainian origin means "miller" (as a profession). It is the most common family surname in Ukraine.
Names of this derivation exist in much of Europe, for example Müller in Germany or Melnik in Russia.
People with the surname
- Andriy Melnyk (disambiguation), a name of several people
- Cameron Melnyk, lead singer for Canadian rock band State of Shock
- Eugene Melnyk (born 1959), Canadian businessman and owner of the Ottawa Senators
- Faina Melnyk (1945–2016), Ukraininan discus thrower
- Gerry Melnyk (1934–2001), former Canadian ice hockey forward
- Jeff Melnyk, Canadian electronic music producer
- Joseline Peña-Melnyk, American politician who represents District 21 in the Maryland House of Delegates
- Larry Melnyk (born 1960), retired Canadian ice hockey defenceman
- Lubomyr Melnyk (born 1948), composer and pianist who pioneered 'continuous music'
- Nicholas Melnyk, provincial politician from Alberta, Canada
- Stanislav Melnyk (1961–2015), Ukrainian politician
- Steve Melnyk (golfer) (born 1947), a former American professional golfer
- Vadym Melnyk (born 1980), professional Ukrainian football defender
- Viktor Melnyk (born 1980), professional Ukrainian football defender
- Yaroslav Melnyk
|This page lists people with the surname Melnyk. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|