(Redirected from Mieczyslaw Gorowski)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)
Mieczysław Górowski (February 5, 1941 – August 31, 2011) was a Polish graphic artist.
Early life and education
He was born in Miłkowa 1941 Nowy Sącz. He studied at the Cracow Academy of Fine Arts from 1959 to 1966 where he later served as a professor on the Faculty of Industrial Design.
He started designing posters in 1966 and has created over 400 posters. In addition, he worked in interior design and painting but, as the artist said about himself: "For many years I have been creating posters - this is the main direction of my artistic and design activity". His art can be found in collections in Europe as well as North America. He died in Cracow.
- 1983 - First Prize - International Poster Invitational, Fort Collins, Colorado
- 1986, 1987 - International Poster Salon, Paris, France
- 1987 - International Art Directors Club Exhibition, New York
- 1989 - Honourable Prize - International Poster Biennal - Warsaw 1989,
- 1992 - First Prize - International Biennale of the Poster, Mexico
- 2000 - Master's Eye Award - at International Poster Triennal – Trnava, Slovakia
- Personal website (maintained in his honor)
- Contemporary Posters - Mieczylaw Gorowski
- Mieczyslaw Gorowski @ Poster.pl
- Swiss Poster Museum - Gorowski