Milton (MBTA station)
A PCC car arrives at the inbound platform (2012)
|Location||1 Adams Street at 1 Eliot Street
Milton, MA 02186
|Platforms||2 low side platforms|
|Connections||MBTA Bus: 217|
|Parking||41 spaces ($4.00 fee)
4 accessible spaces
|Bicycle facilities||8 spaces|
|Opened||1848 (Old Colony)
August 26, 1929 (Boston Elevated)
June 24, 2006 – December 22, 2007
|Previous names||Milton Mills (1848–1871)
Milton Lower Mills (1871–1885)
|Passengers (2010)||240 (weekday inbound average)|
Milton Station is a rail station on the border of Milton, Massachusetts and Boston, Massachusetts on the MBTA Mattapan High Speed Line, which provides light rail service between Ashmont and Mattapan stations. The station is located in the Lower Mills Historic District.
This station is wheelchair accessible via wooden ramps on both platforms.
Conversion of the section between Ashmont and Mattapan to an interurban-style trolley line by the Boston Elevated Railway began in 1926, and the segment of the Ashmont–Mattapan High Speed Line from Ashmont to Milton was opened on August 26, 1929. Milton was the terminus of the trolley line until the remaining segment to Mattapan opened on December 21, 1929.
In June 2006, Milton station was closed for 18 months while the MBTA renovated stations on the Ashmont–Mattapan High Speed Line. Trolley service was replaced by shuttle buses, and resumed in December 2007.
One MBTA Bus route directly serves Milton station:
- "MBTA > Transit Projects > Ashmont Station". MBTA. Retrieved 2007-11-16.
- "Ridership and Service Statistics" (PDF) (14 ed.). Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. 2014. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- Poor, Henry V. (1860). History of the Railroads and Canals of the United States. New York: J.H. Schultz. p. 113. OCLC 6838395.
- Belcher, Jonathan (22 March 2014). "Changes to Transit Service in the MBTA district" (PDF). NETransit. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- Fourth Annual Report (Covering the period October 1, 1967 - October 31, 1968) of the Board of Directors of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. 1968. p. 218 – via Internet Archive.
- "Mattapan Trolley Re-opens". Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. December 20, 2007. Retrieved 2008-01-24.
- MBTA - Milton
- Media related to Milton (MBTA station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Adams Street entrance from Google Maps Street View
|This tram-, streetcar-, or light rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Massachusetts train station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|