The Mixtec Group is the designation given by scholars to a number of mostly pre-Columbian documents from the Mixtec people of the state of Oaxaca in the southern part of the Republic of Mexico. They are distinguished by their principally historical and geographical content.
Included in the Mixtec Group are:
- The Codex Zouche-Nuttall.
- The Codex Selden.
- The Codex Colombino-Becker.
- The Codex Waecker-Gotter.
- The Codex Vindobonensis (or Vienna, as it is sometimes called).
- The Codex Bodley.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mixtec codices.|
- Mixtec Group codices
- facsimile of the Nuttall Codex
- facsimile of the Becker Codex
- facsimile of the Waecker Götter Codex
- facsimile of the Vienna Codex
- Noguez, X; Lejarazu, M H; Paxton, M; Vela, E (August 2009). "Códices prehispánicos y coloniales tempranos" [Prehispanic and early colonial codices]. Arqueología Mexicana (in Spanish) (Edición especial,#31 ed.). México D.F.: Editorial Raíces, S.A. de C.V.: 24–44, 68–93.
|This article related to indigenous Mesoamerican culture is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|