|Genres||Folk, experimental, indie rock|
|Labels||Grand Jury Records|
Mothers is an American band from Athens, Georgia, United States, composed of Kristine Leschper, Matthew Anderegg, Chris Taylor, and Garrett Burke. They released their debut album When You Walk A Long Distance You Are Tired, on February 26, 2016. Their sophomore album, Render Another Ugly Method, released September 7, 2018.
Mothers originally formed in 2013 as the solo project of musician Kristine Leschper. Leschper started making music while she was a student studying printmaking at the Lamar Dodd School of Art. Over the next year, Leschper began to garner a following alongside acclaim in the Georgia music scene. After garnering this attention, Leschper decided to recruit other musicians from Athens to form a full band. In November 2015, Mothers announced plans to release their debut album, When You Walk A Long Distance You Are Tired, on February 26, 2016. The album was released on Grand Jury Records in America and Wichita Recordings in England.
On June 20, 2018, Mothers announced the follow-up LP to their debut, titled Render Another Ugly Method, due to be released on September 7, 2018 on ANTI- Records. An accompanying tour throughout North America was announced in conjunction.
- Kristine Leschper - guitar, vocals
- Matthew Anderegg - drums, guitar 
- Chris Goggins - bass 
- Garrett Burke - drums (2017- ) 
Former Members -
- Mckendrick Bearden - Guitar, Bass, String Arrangements
- Patrick Morales - Bass
- Drew Kirby - guitar (2014-2017) 
- When You Walk A Long Distance You Are Tired (2016, Grand Jury Records + Wichita Recordings)
- Render Another Ugly Method (2018)
- Sacher, Andrew. "Athens, GA band Mothers touring with of Montreal, prepping debut album w/ Deerhunter peeps (dates & song stream)". BrooklynVegan. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- Claymore, Gabriela. "Band To Watch: Mothers". Stereogum. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- Vodicka, Gabe. "On the Rise: Watch a New Video from Mothers". Flagpole Magazine. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- Sacher, Andrew. "Mothers announce debut album and 2016 tour, SXSW, 2 NYC shows & more included (dates, new song)". BrooklynVegan. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- Rettig, James. "Mothers – "Too Small For Eyes"". Stereogum. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Mothers – When You Walk A Long Distance You Are Tired". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- Pritchard, Sean. "October 2015 "Band of the Month" – MOTHERS". The Blue Indian. Retrieved 7 January 2016.