Muhammadjon Shakuri (February, 1925, Bukhara – September 16, 2012, Dushanbe), also known as Muhammad Sharifovich Shukurov, was a prominent Tajik intellectual and one of the notable literary figures of the Persian language of the 20th century.
Among his main works is a Tajiki-Persian dictionary. He also had a significant role in preserving Tajik identity.
Awards and honors
- Iran's Eternal Figure Award (2005)
- Permanent member of Academy of Persian Language and Literature (1996)
- Permanent member of Tajik Academy of Sciences
- "Academician Muhammadjon Shakuri dies | Tajikistan News-NA "Asia-Plus"". News.tj. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- Iraj Bashiri, Prominent Tajik Figures of the Twentieth Century, International Borbad Foundation, Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, 2003.