Number of employees
Noxxon Pharma is a small-to-medium-sized company founded in year 1997 in Berlin, Germany and since then is headquartered there. The company is member of the German Association of Research-Based Pharmaceutical Companies, Verband forschender Arzneimittelhersteller (vfa). The company is listed on Euronext Growth Paris (ALNOX).
Noxxon Pharma develops drugs using technology yielding L-RNA molecules, which are of mirror-image configuration compared to natural occurring D-RNA molecules. The company calls these agents Spiegelmers, from Spiegel, the German word for "mirror."
While no Spiegelmer is on the market yet, some candidates are in clinical trials. NOXXON's focus is on improving cancer treatment by targeting the tumor microenvironment.
A different Spiegelmer (NOX-E36, emapticap pegol) has been tested for the treatment of a progressive kidney disease in diabetics, Diabetic nephropathy. Favorable results were reported in June, 2014 in a company press release. NOX-E36 targets MCP-1, also called CCL2.
- Investors. Noxxon.com. Retrieved on 2018-02-14.
- Vater A, Klussmann S (March 2003). "Toward third-generation aptamers: Spiegelmers and their therapeutic prospects". Curr Opin Drug Discov Dev. 6 (2): 253–61. PMID 12669461.
- Eulberg D, et al. (2006), 18, "Spiegelmers for Therapeutic Applications" (in German), The Aptamer Handbook (WILEY-VCH): pp. 417-42, ISBN 3-527-31059-2
- Aram Mangasarian explains the elegant mirror image technology of NOXXON Pharma for extracellular targets
- Clinical trial number NCT03168139 for "Olaptesed (NOX-A12) Alone and in Combination With Pembrolizumab in Colorectal and Pancreatic Cancer" at ClinicalTrials.gov
- Clinical trial number NCT01521533 for "NOX-A12 in Combination With Bortezomib and Dexamethasone in Relapsed Multiple Myeloma" at ClinicalTrials.gov
- Clinical trial number NCT01486797 for "NOX-A12 in Combination With Bendamustine and Rituximab in Relapsed Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia" at ClinicalTrials.gov
- Clinical trial number NCT01547897 for "NOX-E36 in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Albuminuria" at ClinicalTrials.gov
- Clinical trial number NCT01691040 for "Efficacy of NOX-H94 on Anemia of Chronic Disease in Patients With Cancer" at ClinicalTrials.gov
- Schwoebel F, et al. (March 2013). "The effects of the anti-hepcidin Spiegelmer NOX-H94 on inflammation-induced anemia in cynomolgus monkeys". Blood. 121 (12): 2311–5. doi:10.1182/blood-2012-09-456756. PMC . PMID 23349391.