|Maximum resolution||5 megapixels (Clip) and 8 megapixels (Clip 2)|
|Data Port(s)||USB 2.0|
|Dimensions||36 x 36 x 9 mm|
Narrative Clip (formerly known as Memoto) is a small wearable lifelogging camera. Its development began in 2012 by Swedish company Memoto AB after successful crowd funding via Kickstarter. It can automatically take a picture every 30 seconds whilst being worn throughout the day, a practice known as "life-logging".
On October 10, 2016, the company announced that they were suspending operations and provided tools to download pictures stored on their servers. On November 1, 2016, the company announced that the service would continue to operate and they were looking for funding to resume production of the hardware device.
Swedish National TV News reported that it would be released in spring, 2013, and raised concerns on integrity and privacy issues, and whether its use in public might come into conflict with new proposed photography legislation in Sweden. According to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), wearing the Narrative Clip might be in violation of California law.
The second version of the Clip, Narrative Clip 2, claimed began shipping in 2012, but only a few people received their order until early 2016. Most of the customers still waiting for their device after months of waiting. The company claimed they faced difficulties on certification process of FCC. Once connected to a power source, the Clip uploads the photos and videos it made into the vendor's cloud storage, where they organized into collections called moments. The moments or individual photos or videos can be shared through other apps or through the company's own social network.
Narrative Clip 2 has an 8-megapixel camera with an 86-degree field of view.
- "Memoto wearable camera automatically captures your life at 30 second intervals". Memoto AB. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- "Memoto 'Lifelogging Camera'".
- "Who we are". Memoto AB. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- "SVT News: Ny kamera loggar ditt liv (New camera logs your life)".
- "Narrative ending sales and support of Narrative Clip".
- "Narrative service will keep running".
- "Production speed quadrupled - now Chinese New Year".
- "getnarrative.com". Memoto AB. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
|This camera-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|