National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium
|Established||June 28, 2003|
|Location||Dubuque, Iowa, USA|
Natural history, Science
The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium is a museum located in Dubuque, Iowa, USA. The museum is a property of the Dubuque County Historical Society, with two centers on the riverfront campus: the Mississippi River Center and the National River Center.
The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium Campus
The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium is home to museum exhibits on the culture and history of America's rivers. The campus also includes over a dozen aquariums featuring wildlife representative of that found in the Mississippi River and the Gulf of Mexico and other river systems and deltas, including giant catfish, sturgeon, ducks, frogs, turtles, rays, octopus, river otters, and more. There are also outdoor exhibits, featuring river otters, a marsh, and large artifacts, such as boats, a blacksmith shop, a stream, and raptor aviaries including bald eagle.
William Woodward Mississippi River Center
- Mississippi River Discovery Center
- Carver Wet Lab
- Historic Train Depot
- Fred W. Woodward Riverboat Museum
- Steamboat William M. Black, a National Historic Landmark
- The Pfohl Boatyard
- Woodward Wetland
Diamond Jo National River Center
- Craver Stingray Touch Tank
- Rivers to the Sea
- National Rivers Hall of Fame
- Mississippi River Plaza
- River's Edge Cafe
- 3D/4D Large-format Digital Theater
- "National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium". encyclopediadubuque.org. Encyclopedia Dubuque. Retrieved January 7, 2011.
- "National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium". rivermuseum.com. National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium. Retrieved January 7, 2011.
- "American Association of Museums". aam-us.org. AAM. Retrieved January 20, 2011.
- "Currently Accredited Zoos and Aquariums". aza.org. AZA. Retrieved January 20, 2011.
- "National Mississippi River Museum". mississippiriveradventures.com. Mississippi River Adventures. Retrieved January 7, 2011.
- "NMRMA permanent exhibits". Archived from the original on October 29, 2006. Retrieved April 27, 2007.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium.|
- Official website
- Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium Documentary produced by Iowa Public Television