Never Gone (song)
|Promotional single by Colton Dixon from the album A Messenger|
|Released||September 25, 2012|
|Writer||Colton Dixon, Adam Watts, Andy Dodd, Gannin Arnold|
After placing seventh on Idol, Colton went on the American Idols LIVE! Tour 2012 over the summer with the other contestants. He co-wrote the song "Never Gone," (with the production team composed of Andy Dodd, Adam Watts and Gannin Arnold who also produced the track) and performed it at the concerts he played in.
He would soon be signed to Sparrow Records and release his material through the label. The singer confirms debut single entitled "You Are" to impact U.S. radio on October 19, and the song "Never Gone" was released to iTunes in the U.S. on September 25, 2012.
Colton says that the song "sums up my American Idol experience. There were times when I felt like I was by myself, or just felt unplugged from reality. There were even times when I asked God if He was still there...He always answered "I was never gone.""
Since Angie Miller performed it on Idol, Dixon decided to have a "Never Gone" cover contest, where his band will pick the three best videos and will get prizes from the Colton Dixon store.
Never Gone entered the Christian Digital Songs and Christian/Gospel Digital Songs at No. 1 in both charts.
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||11|
|US Christian Songs (Billboard)||24|
|United States||September 25, 2012||Digital download|
- "Colton Dixon signs record deal with Christian label Sparrow Records - Zap2it". Blog.zap2it.com. 2012-09-04. Retrieved 2012-09-26.
- Josep Vinaixa (2012-09-06). "Colton Dixon debut single "You Are"". Idol. josepvinaixa.com. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- Annie Barrett (March 6, 2013). "'American Idol' recap: This Is a Woman's World". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved March 9, 2013.
- Fred Bronson (November 8, 2012). "'American Idol' on the Charts: Kelly Clarkson Teams With Vince Gill, Earns Fifth Hit on Hot Country Songs". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 21, 2012.
- "Colton Dixon – Chart history" Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 for Colton Dixon. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Illegal name entered Colton Dixon/Colton+Dixon/chart?f=355 "Colton Dixon – Chart history" Billboard Christian Songs for Colton Dixon. Retrieved 9 September 2013.