Never Say Never Again (Bee Gees song)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"Never Say Never Again"|
|Song by Bee Gees|
|from the album Odessa|
|Label||Polydor (United Kingdom)
Atco (United States)
|Songwriter(s)||Barry, Robin & Maurice Gibb|
|Producer(s)||Robert Stigwood, Bee Gees|
|Odessa track listing|
Writing and recording
Robin recalled that he wanted to write a song with the line, 'I declared war on Spain. According to Robin: "Instead, Barry wanted something so normal it was ridiculous. He said my words were so unromantic. But what could be more normal than a man in love wanting to declare war on anything that was to him unlovely?".
Unlike the other songs on the album, this song was recorded quickly. The Sketches for Odessa disc, released with the album's 2009 remastered edition, has an alternate mono mix from December 7, 1968 with a distorted electric guitar part that is not on the multitrack master and a different lead vocal take. At the beginning of the song, the chord was A. Barry Gibb sings harmony vocals on the line Never say never say never again, Never say never say never again.
- Barry Gibb — lead and harmony vocal, guitar
- Robin Gibb - harmony vocal
- Maurice Gibb — bass, guitar, piano, harmony vocal
- Colin Petersen — drums
- Bill Shepherd — orchestral arrangement
- Joseph Brennan. "Gibb Songs: 1969".
- Hughes, Andrew. The Bee Gees - Tales Of The Brothers Gibb. Retrieved 21 July 2013.
- Joseph Brennan. "Gibb Songs: 1968".
- Melinda Bilyeu; Hector Cook; Andrew Môn Hughes. The Bee Gees. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Tangerine Peel - Never Say Never Again". Discogs. Retrieved 9 January 2015.