New Market Confederate order of battle
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- MG = Major General
- BG = Brigadier General
- Col = Colonel
- Ltc = Lieutenant Colonel
- Maj = Major
- Cpt = Captain
- Lt = Lieutenant
Department of Western Virginia
MG John C. Breckinridge, commanding
|Division||Brigade||Regiments and Others|
- Dismounted men from the 23rd Virginia Cavalry were attached to the 62nd Virginia (Knight, p. 281)
- Fought as infantry
- Dismounted men (including the men of companies L, M, and N) were attached to the 62nd Virginia (Knight, p. 281)
- Whitehorne, Joseph W.A. "Order of Battle". The Battle of New Market. United States Army Center of Military History.
- Davis, William C. The Battle of New Market. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: Stackpole Books, 1993.
- Knight, Charles R. Valley Thunder: The Battle of New Market and the Opening of the Shenandoah Valley Campaign, May 1864. Savas Beatie, 2010. ISBN 978-1-932714-80-7.