||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Screenshot of NINJA-IDE 2.3
|Developer(s)||Diego Sarmentero, Horacio Durán, Gabriel Acosta, Pedro Mourelle, Jose Rostagno|
|Operating system||Cross-platform: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows|
|License||GNU GPL 3|
It provides tools to simplify Python software development and handles many kinds of situations thanks to its rich extensibility.
Some of the current features of the IDE are:
- Light weight IDE
- Common functions such as: file handling, find in files code locator, go to line, tabs, automatic indentation, editor zoom, etc.
- Multi-platform: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows.
- Syntax highlighting for a wide variety of languages. Even though it is intended to be mainly a Python IDE, it can also handle several other languages.
- Static and PEP 8 error highlighting.
- Show tips to help migrate code from Python2 to Python3.
- Embedded Python console.
- Project management, allowing to add, modify and delete files and folders to projects, creating automatically the "__init__.py" files inside each module, etc.
- Allows to show/hide the panels of the interface in a very simple way to fit each programmer's preferences.
- Completely configurable UI.
- Allows using more than one editor at once.
- An extensible plug-in system, which creation the IDE supports.
- Session handling: remembers opened files and projects after closing the IDE.
- Code Auto-completion.
- Code Locator: Lets you jump to any code in your project with just a few keystrokes.
NINJA-IDE always takes its version name based on the name of a weapon.
- 2.x: Shuriken
- 1.x: Kunai
Some available plugins
Many plugins are being developed, mostly with the help of the Community. A complete list of Plugins can be found here:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to:|
- Official website
- Python IDE Wiki
- Python IDE (PyAr)
- Linux Magazine: Do Python coding with NINJA-IDE
- NINJA-IDE a powerful IDE for developing Python Apps
- NINJA-IDE, el ide que me atrapo (Spanish)
- NINJA-IDE, un IDE pensado para Python (Spanish)