North Thurston Public Schools
|North Thurston Public Schools|
|305 College Street, Lacey, WA, 98516-5390
|Motto||“Committed to Excellence: Providing every student the academic and life skills necessary to succeed in a diverse world."|
|Grades||PK - 12|
|Students and staff|
North Thurston Public Schools, District No. 3 (NTPS) is a school district, providing educational services for Lacey and parts of unincorporated Thurston County, Washington, including the Nisqually Tribe Reservation. It is the 23rd largest school district in the state of Washington.
It is the most diverse and largest school district in the county with 21 schools, more than 14,000 students and 1,700 employees as of 2006. Enrollment is forecast to increase to 20,000 students by 2030.
NTPS covers 74 square miles (191.7 km2) of land ([map]) in northeastern Thurston county.
|High School||Type||Established||Enrollment||Mascot||WIAA Classification|
|Timberline High School||comprehensive||1970||1700||Blazers||4A|
|Chamber's Prairie||K-6||2009||588||Wolf||Elementary 13 named after historical settlers in the area|
|Evergreen Forest||P,K-6||1978||548||Bobcats||Serves students living within the Nisqually reservation|
|Lacey||K-6||1968||458||Husky pups||"The Round School"|
|Lydia Hawk||P,K-6||1959||403||Hawks||Located in Tanglewilde|
|Olympic View||K-6||1970||610||Eagles||Located in Thompson Place|
|Seven Oaks||P,K-6||1990||643||Bulldogs||Serves students living in Mushroom Corner|
- New Century High School - An experimental school that ran on an evening/nighttime schedule.
- Puget Sound High School - An alternative school that combined with New Century to form South Sound High School.
- "North Thurston High School / NTHS Overview". Nthurston.k12.wa.us. 2014-12-09. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
- "River Ridge High School / RRHS Overview". Nthurston.k12.wa.us. 2014-12-09. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
- "Timberline High School / THS Overview". Nthurston.k12.wa.us. 2014-12-09. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
- "Evergreen Forest Elementary / EFES Overview". Nthurston.k12.wa.us. 2014-12-09. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
- "Washington State Report Card". Reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us. Retrieved 2016-02-07.