Broadcasting Corporation of Niue
The Broadcasting Corporation of Niue (BCN), also known as the Niue Broadcasting Corporation, is a government-owned broadcasting corporation in Niue, which operates Television Niue and Radio Sunshine, the country's only television and radio channels. It is based in Alofi. Its general manager and chief editor is Patrick Lino. Following the 2011 general election, a specific Cabinet ministry for the corporation was set up. The current minister responsible for the BCN is Joan Viliamu (who is also Minister for Health and for Community Affairs).
Television Niue is broadcast in the evenings only, from 18:00 to 23:00, in Niuean and in English. It does not broadcast on Sundays. Most of its programmes are supplied by Television New Zealand.
- The Far East and Australasia 2003, 2002, ISBN 1-85743-133-2, p.1059
- "Pacific Media Adopt Honiara Action Plan", Pacific Magazine, May 28, 2007
- Niue: Media, BBC, July 2, 2008
- Website of the government of Niue: Cabinet ministers Archived 2013-10-12 at the Wayback Machine.
- The Commonwealth Yearbook, Richard Green, 2004, Commonwealth Secretariat, ISBN 0-11-703227-1
- "Niue Travel Guide - Communications", World Travel Guide
- Tonga-Samoa Handbook, David Stanley, 1999, ISBN 1-56691-174-5, p.284
|This article about Niue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This broadcasting-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|