No Gravity (video game)
No Gravity PC title screen
|Publisher(s)||realtech VR / Anozor (PSN)|
|Producer(s)||Vincent Black / S. Rubens (PSN)|
|Release||1990s, February 2005 (open source)|
NoGravity is a space flight simulation and space shooter developed by realtech VR, a Montreal based, French Canadian computer games company. The game was ported to many platforms over the years as it was open sourced in 2005. NoGravity drew comparisons with the Wing Commander series.
No Gravity is a 3D space shooter which allows players to control a spaceship from the first-person or third-person perspective. The object is to accomplish missions, with diverse objectives ranging from destroying enemy ships or bases, escorting allied ships, raiding ground bases, clearing mine fields, etc.
On February 16, 2005 realtech VR open sourced NoGravity with the creation of a Sourceforge repository. The source code and assets of the classic NoGravity are released under the terms of the GPLv2 license, making the game freeware and free and open source software. The game was made available for Windows XP, AmigaOS, Linux, macOS, and BeOS.
Extended mobile versions
In 2009 an extended official PSP port was released, named No Gravity: The Plague of Mind to differentiate this version from the "classic" dubbed older version. In 2011 an iOS port followed, in 2013 releases for Windows mobile and OUYA.
- history on nogravitythegame.com/
- No Gravity (PSP) Floats to the PS Store (archived)
- IMDb. Retrieved 2012-30-01.
- No Gravity? No Problem. on wcnews.com (March 2007)
- NoGravity Game Open Sourced by Eugenia Loli on osnews.com (16th Feb 2005)
- spacegirl on realtech-vr.com
- No Gravity (Classic) on sourceforge.net
- download on nogravitythegame.com "Source code and game data are both covered under GPL." (2006)
- No Gravity: The Plague of the Mind Review on ign.com by Sam Bishop "Anozor's homebrew shooter is finally a retail product. Can it run with the big boys?" (4 Mar 2009)
- No Gravity (Classic) by ptitSeb (Apr 30, 2014)
- IGN: Anozor & Realtech Q&A. Interview between editor-in-chief of IGN and Realtech VR about its Realtech' company history. Retrieved 2012-30-01 (5 Mar 2009).
- IGN: No Gravity orbits PSN. Retrieved 2012-30-01.
- No Gravity Clean award on softpedia.com
- download2 000-05-08+to+2017-05-14 on sourceforge.net
- no-gravity-the-plague-of-mind on metacritic.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to NoGravity.|