(Redirected from Normalisation)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up normalization or normalisation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Normalization or normalisation refers to a process that makes something more normal or regular. More specifically, it may refer to:
Mathematics and statistics
- Normalization of an algebraic variety, the operation consisting in taking locally the integral closure of the ring of regular functions
- Normalization (statistics), adjustments of values or distributions in statistics
- Quantile normalization, statistical technique for making two distributions identical in statistical properties
- Normalizing (abstract rewriting), an abstract rewriting system in which every object has at least one normal form
- Normalization property (abstract rewriting), a property of a rewrite system in mathematical logic and theoretical computer science
- Normalizing constant, in probability theory a constant to make a non-negative function a probability density function
- Noether normalization lemma, result of commutative algebra
- The process of obtaining a normalized vector
- Normalized number, adjusting a floating point number's exponent so that the decimal point is in a fixed position.
- Normalization (sociology) or social normalization, the process through which ideas and actions are made to appear culturally "normal"
- Normalization model, used in visual neuroscience
- Normalisable wave function, in quantum mechanics a wave function normalized for probability distribution
- Normalization process theory, a sociological theory of the implementation of new technologies or innovations
- Numéraire, a basic standard by which value is computed, especially in economics
Technology and computer science
- A metallurgic process used in annealing
- Normalization (image processing), changing the range of pixel intensity values
- Audio normalization, process of uniformly increasing or decreasing the amplitude of an audio signal
- Data normalization, general reduction of data to Canonical form
- Database normalization, used in database theory
- NFD normalization, normalization form decomposition for Unicode string searches and comparisons in text processing
- Spatial normalization, a step in image processing for neuroimaging
- Text normalization, modifying text to make it consistent
- URL normalization, process to modify URLs in a consistent manner
- Normalized frequency (digital signal processing), unit of frequency cycles/sample in digital signal processing
- The process of establishing normal diplomatic relations between two countries
- Normalization (people with disabilities), principle to make conditions of everyday living available to people with disabilities
- Normalization (Czechoslovakia), the restoration of the conditions prevalent before the reform in Czechoslovakia, 1969
- Prototype filter, for impedance and frequency normalization
- Normalized frequency (disambiguation)
- Normal form (disambiguation)
- Normal (disambiguation)
- All pages with titles containing "normalization" or "normalized"
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Normalization.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.