|Industry||Biotech, Life sciences|
|Products||Antibodies, kits, proteins, peptides, RNAi, inhibitors, ELISAs, slides and other research reagents|
Novus Biologicals is a biotech company based in Centennial, Colorado. The company develops, licenses and markets research materials to scientists in academic, corporate and government laboratories. Novus began as a company focused on providing research-grade antibodies for the scientific market. It was acquired by Bio-Techne in 2014.
In 2008, Novus became a limited liability company when Mainsail Partners invested in the company. Novus Biologicals has reported double digit revenue growth every year since its inception, has been selected six years in a row to the Inc. (magazine) 5000 fastest-growing private companies in America, and was on the 2009 list of Colorado Companies to Watch.
In 2014, antibody and reagent supplier Bio-Techne, acquired Novus Biologicals for $60 million. The acquisition was meant to provide scientists and doctors a broader selection of products in one location.
- Business Week. Retrieved 23 November 2009. http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=51175657.
- Oredigger 5 October 2009. https://www.scribd.com/doc/20649260/The-Oredigger-Issue-05-October-5-2009.
- Mainsail Partners. Retrieved 24 November 2009. http://www.mainsailpartners.com/
- "Novus Biologicals Company Profile" Inc. (magazine) Retrieved 10 November 2009. http://www.inc.com/profile/novus-biologicals.
- "50 Colorado companies: Fueling the economic fire" ColoradoBIZ Magazine. 1 June 2009. http://www.cobizmag.com/articles/50-colorado-companies-fueling-the-economic-fire/page-5/.
- "Bio-Techne Announces Agreement To Acquire Novus Biologicals". Bio-Techne (Press release). 2014-07-02. Retrieved 2015-04-25.