|Industry||Biotech, Life sciences|
|Headquarters||Littleton, Colorado, USA|
|Products||Antibodies, kits, proteins, peptides, RNAi, inhibitors, ELISAs, slides and other research reagents|
Novus Biologicals was a biotech company based in Littleton, Colorado, USA with offices in San Diego, California, Oakville, ON, Canada and the Cambridge Science Park in Cambridge, UK. The company develops, licenses and markets research materials to scientists in academic, corporate and government laboratories. Novus, like many others companies such as Abcam, Covance, Proteintech Group, EnCor Biotechnology and Millipore Corporation, arose to answer a call for research grade antibodies for the scientific market. It was acquired by Bio-Techne in 2014.
Founded by Karen Padgett in 1996, Novus Biologicals has sought to partner with leading scientific researchers and third-party providers to develop an extensive range of more than 180,000 products. The main products are antibodies, proteins, peptides, RNAi, cell lysates, isotype controls, slides, and kits. Padgett is company president and CEO, and has been active both in the academic and local Colorado communities.
In 2008, Novus became a limited liability company when Mainsail Partners invested in the company. Novus Biologicals has reported double digit revenue growth every year since its inception, has been selected six years in a row to the Inc. (magazine) 5000 fastest-growing private companies in America, and was on the 2009 list of Colorado Companies to Watch.
In 2014, major antibody and reagent supplier Bio-Techne, acquired Novus Biologicals for $60 million. The acquisition was meant to provide scientists and doctors a broader selection of products in one location.
- "Novus Biologicals announces opening of European office" PressReleasePoint. 7 November 2009. http://www.pressreleasepoint.com/novus-biologicals-announces-opening-european-office
- Business Week. Retrieved 23 November 2009. http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=51175657.
- Oredigger. 5 October 2009. http://www.scribd.com/doc/20649260/The-Oredigger-Issue-05-October-5-2009.
- Mainsail Partners. Retrieved 24 November 2009. http://www.mainsailpartners.com/
- "Novus Biologicals Company Profile" Inc. (magazine) Retrieved 10 November 2009. http://www.inc.com/profile/novus-biologicals.
- "50 Colorado companies: Fueling the economic fire" ColoradoBIZ Magazine. 1 June 2009. http://www.cobizmag.com/articles/50-colorado-companies-fueling-the-economic-fire/page-5/.
- "Bio-Techne Announces Agreement To Acquire Novus Biologicals". Bio-Techne (Press release). 2014-07-02. Retrieved 2015-04-25.