Nude & Natural
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
N Magazine Issue 24.4 Summer 2005.
American lifestyle magazines
|Publisher||The Naturist Society|
|Based in||Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States|
Nude & Natural: The Magazine of Naturist Living or simply N magazine, is a quarterly 100+ page naturist magazine published by The Naturist Society in Oshkosh, Wisconsin and distributed throughout the United States and internationally. According to its web site "N offers readers a deftly balanced blend of timely news and features, incisive commentary and reviews, and perceptive site reports from naturist venues near and far. That and more. And it's all tastefully illustrated with images that take you to the very heart of the naturist experience." The magazine also features scholarly articles on naturist history, culture and current legal issues.
Although it has a small paid staff, many articles and photos are contributed by TNS members. The editors eschew the use of posed "glamor" photography; rather it publishes photos of naturists of all ages and physical condition simply enjoying nude recreation. Since the Spring of 2005 the magazine has been printed in full color; in 2008 TNS began using recycled paper.
Membership in The Naturist Society includes a subscription to N magazine.
The Naturist Society, founded by Lee Baxandall, began in the 1970s as the "Free Beaches Documentation Center" with a quarterly newspaper, the Sun. The magazine began in 1980 as Clothed with the Sun. In 1989 the magazine changed its name to Nude & Natural (N) The Magazine of Naturist Living. Starting with Issue 24.3, Spring 2005, the magazine began running in color.
- Lee Baxandall
- Judi Ditzler, Editor (1999–2005)
- Nicky Hoffman Lee Editor 2006 -
- Bob Morton
- Mark Storey, Editor-at-large
- The Oshkosh Northwestern, Lee Baxandall Obituary - Thursday December 4, 2008 cites Clothed with the Sun, Nude & Natural and N magazine.
- TNS Board member Judy Williams was on a Community Television special (June 2007) on the History of Wreck Beach talked about N magazine and pictured it on the show.
- National Geographic interview with Mark Storey talking about The Naturist Society and N magazine. Date was July 21, 2004.
- Discovery Channel interview with Mark Storey talking about The Naturist Society and N magazine.
- N magazine appeared in the episode "Mr. Monk and the Naked Man" of Monk - season 6, episode 3, air date July 27, 2007) along with Naturist Society banner, logo and other paraphernalia.
- Editor Nicky Hoffman Lee was interviewed for thebiz.fancast.com where she picked the top ten TV nudes. Extensive interview with mention of The Naturist Society and N magazine.
- Nude and Natural magazine is mentioned frequently on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno with footage taken from TNS gatherings and information about the book The World's Best Nude Beaches & Resorts.