This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Steel, tube and pipe manufacturer and distributor|
|Industry||Steel, steel manufacturer and distributor|
|Founder||Welded Tube Mills Australia and Hills Holdings Limited|
|Headquarters||121 Evans Rd, Salisbury QLD 4107, Brisbane, Australia|
|Products||Steel, tube, pipe and hot-rolled structural steel|
Number of employees
Its products include RHS, SHS and CHS structural tubular steel, hot-rolled structural steel and fencing, roofing and building accessories.
Orrcon Steel supplies steel, tube and pipe to steel fabricators, furniture and trailer body manufacturers, housing and construction companies and pipeline and infrastructure engineering firms.
It has distribution centres in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.
The company employs in over 500 full-time employees plus contractors and consultants.
Orrcon Steel was formed from the merger of Welded Tube Mills and Hills Tubing division in October 2000.
In February 2005, Hills Holdings acquired 100% of Orrcon Steel.
In 2007 Orrcon Steel acquired the Impressive Group from Western Australia.
In 2010 Orrcon Steel added the SteelBarn business which included the acquisition of five branches in Queensland.
Structural steel Electric Resistance Welding (ERW) carbon steel structural tubulars. Structural products are used in applications from building structures to sporting arenas, major mining and industry infrastructure and for aesthetic structural use for airports and shipping terminals.
Precision tube Square, rectangular, round and oval precision tube. All precision products are manufactured to comply with AS/NZS 1450.
Hot-rolled structural steel Universal beams, universal columns, parallel flange channels, angles and merchant bar (including flats, angles and rounds) as well as a broad range of plate from 3 mm up to 200 mm.
Pipelines Line pipe procurement and logistics services from pre-qualified API accredited International pipe mills. From steel production to final delivery, Orrcon Steel will oversee each process of the supply of API 5L X grades, AS 1163, C350 and A106B (seamless grade) Linepipe.
- Steel distribution
- Steel manufacturing
- Steel coatings and Finishes
- Steel cutting and Processing – pipe cutting, threading, roll grooving, punching, hot dipped galvanising, pipe expansion, band saw – square and mitre cutting, Plasma / Oxy profile cutting
- Pipeline Procurement
- Section Translation Services4
- Test Certificates
- Project Management (product procurement and logistics)
- Pipe Traceability – Orrtrack is a construction management system which manages a range of data required during pipeline construction.
Orrcon Steel brands include:
- Precision Precisely®
- "Orrcon Steel". orrconsteel.com.au. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "Hills Acquires reamining 50% in Orrcon Limited". Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "Hills says that it will focus on sustainable products line". Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "Generous pay rise for BlueScope execs". Retrieved 20 August 2013.