P. D. Gordon Pugh
Surgeon Rear Admiral P. D. Gordon Pugh, OBE, FRCS, was born in Carshalton, Surrey and educated at Lancing College and Jesus College, Cambridge before pursuing a successful career in the Royal Navy eventually rising to the rank of Surgeon Rear Admiral.
Pugh is the father of endurance swimmer and former lawyer Lewis Gordon Pugh. He was a prolific collector of naval ceramics and the benefactor of The Pugh Collection of Victorian Staffordshire Figures. He is a published author.
- P.D. Gordon Pugh. Nelson and his surgeons E. & S. Livingstone, Edinburgh, 1968
- P.D. Gordon Pugh. Naval Ceramics. The Ceramic Book Co., Newport, England, 1971.
- P.D. Gordon Pugh. The History of the Royal Naval Hospital, Plymouth. I. The life and times of Captain Richard Creyke. J R Nav Med Serv. 1972 Summer;58(2):78-94.
- P.D. Gordon Pugh. The History of the Royal Naval Hospital, Plymouth. II. 'A walk around the Hospital.' J R Nav Med Serv. 1972 Winter;58(3):207-26.
- [dead link] http://www.hlf.org.uk/NHMFWeb/Database/datapage2.html?projectid=890[permanent dead link]
- [dead link] http://www.stoke.gov.uk/ccm/museums/museum/2006/collections/ceramics/information-sheets/staffordshire-portrait-figures.en;jsessionid=aG3vosIDuVL8[permanent dead link]
|This biographical article related to the Royal Navy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|