This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Photo portrait of PLO Lumumba
|Director of Kenya School of Law|
|Deputy||Ms. Margaret Muigai|
|Preceded by||Prof. Bitonye Kulundu|
|Director of Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission|
September 2010 – August 2011
|Preceded by||Aaron Ringera|
17 July 1962 |
|Alma mater||University of Nairobi (LL.B), (LL.M)
Kenya School of Law (PGDip)
Ghent University (PhD)
|Positions||Founder, PLO Lumumba Fndn
Dean, School of Law, Kabarak University
Patrick Loch Otieno Lumumba (born 17 July 1962) is a Kenyan who served as the Director of Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission from September 2010 to August 2011 and is currently the Director of The Kenya School of Laws since the year 2014. An eloquent lawyer, he holds a PhD in Laws of the sea from the University of Ghent in Belgium. He is also a staunch Pan-Africanist and has delivered several powerful speeches alluding to or about African solutions to African problems.
He is an admirer of Patrice Lumumba and Thomas Sankara, the deceased and assassinated revolutionary leaders of the D.R. Congo and the Burkina Faso, respectively. He is also remembered for his emotion laden and energetic speech in Uganda at the third Anti-Corruption Convention. He has referred to and quoted them several times in his speeches. On August 28, 2015, the PAV Ansah Foundation invited him to speak at the 2015 PAVA Forum on Good Governance, Whither Africa?
2015 PAVA Forum
At the lecture, he expressed his serious concern about the energy crises that African leaders have allowed to reach such a devastating stage. He also talked about the issue of African youth fleeing the continent. He blamed them on the economic hardships and the "misgovernment" from their leaders. Lumumba encouraged African leaders to rise up to the challenge of changing the fortunes of the continent. He in 2017 gave a moving speech to youths in Kenya on importance of making bold choice at The Fearless conference 2017.
Professor P. L. O. Lumumba served as the Director of Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission for less than a year and was dismissed under controversial circumstances. He attempted "to slay the elusive corruption dragon to no avail", and "will especially be remembered for [his] contributions in fighting corruption in an environment where all odds were against [him]".
Professor Lumumba has written several books on law and politics:
- "Advisory Board". plofoundation.com. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- "EACC History". www.eacc.go.ke. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- App, Daily Nation. "Lumumba named law school boss". Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- Jeremy Horder; Peter Alldridge. Modern Bribery Law: Comparative Perspectives. Cambridge University Press, 2013. p. 30. ISBN 9781107354968.
- Sonye, D. The Dragon Called Corruption. LULU Press 2014. p. 60. ISBN 9781312534834.
- Speech by Prof PLO Lumumba at the 3rd Anti Corruption Convention
- Speech By Kenyan's Prof. Lumumba At The Nigerian Legislature Conference On Anti-Corruption
- Capital Talk PLO Lumbumba Part 1
- Prof Lumumba Speaks at the 2nd ASARECA GeneralAssembly
- PLO Lumumba CV (MS Word format)
- on YouTube
|This Kenyan biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|