Paris College of Art
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
In 1981 the school was established as a French Association (type 1901) under the name “École Parsons à Paris”. From 1986 until 2010, the school had a relationship with Parsons The New School for Design, and was known as "Parsons Paris". Since 2010 it is no longer associated with Parsons The New School and is an independent institution. Paris College of Art (PCA) has 300 students and 100 faculty members coming from more than 50 different countries.
PCA has accreditation from the United States National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) and is part of the International Association of Universities and Colleges of Art, Design and Media (CUMULUS). It is also recognized by the Rectorat de Paris as an establishment of higher education. Its partnerships include agreements and research with the Centre de Recherche du Château de Versailles, Pantheon-Sorbonne University, the Centre Georges Pompidou, Les Arts Décoratifs, and La Maison Lesage. Degree courses are taught in English.
Paris College of Art offers the following programs:
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Fine Arts, Interior Design, Illustration, Photography, Communication Design, Fashion Design, and Art History, Theory, & Criticism
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Design Management
- Study Abroad Programs
- Center for University Programs Abroad (CUPA): focusing on direct matriculation, CUPA provides a study-abroad experience in Paris to students from US colleges and universities.
- PCA Study Abroad: a study abroad option for college juniors and seniors in an intensive semester or year-long program.
- PCA Summer: courses in art, design, business, culture, and language city of Paris. Levels include pre-college, college, and adult options.
Graduate Degree Programs
- Master of Arts (MA) in Accessories Design
- Master of Arts (MA) in Fashion Design | Haute Couture-Haute Technology
- Master of Arts (MA) and in Fashion Film & Photography
- Master of Arts (MA) in Interior Design
- Master of Arts (MA) and Master of Fine Arts in Transdisciplinary New Media
- Creative Writing Residency: an intensive one-year program that uniquely combines academic rigor and focus on writerly craft with an emphasis on innovation and experimentation.
- Certificate Programs: an intensive one-year curriculum focused on a specific discipline, this program is aimed at mature students wishing to change career, refine a design portfolio, or prepare for entering a Masters degree program.
- Summer Programs for High School and College students.
- Bibby Sowray (13 November 2012) "Parsons heads to Paris", Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-08-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paris College of Art.|