December 4, 1991 |
Glen Head, NY, USA
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
|San Jose Sharks
San Jose Barracuda (AHL)
|NHL Draft||115th overall, 2010
Patrick McNally (born December 4, 1991) is an American professional ice hockey player who is currently playing for the San Jose Sharks in the National Hockey League (NHL). He was selected by the Vancouver Canucks in the fourth round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
McNally entered Milton Academy as a junior, and soon became known as one of the most explosive players in high school hockey. In 2009–10, McNally was named U.S. Hockey Report Prep Defenseman of the Year and helped to guide Milton to their first playoff berth in the school's history. McNally was named an assistant captain for the 2010–11 season.
McNally was selected by the Indiana Ice in the USHL 2010 entry draft, yet decided to remain at Milton Academy for his senior season. He was drafted by the Vancouver Canucks in the fourth round of the NHL draft, 115th overall; he was Vancouver's first selection in the draft.
In his senior season at Milton, McNally led the team to a 26–3–1 record and an NEPSAC championship. McNally was named team MVP for the second year in a row, and was named the Hockey Night in Boston New England Prep Player of the Year, U.S. Hockey Report Prep Player of the Year and U.S. Hockey Report Prep Defenseman of the Year. McNally also led all NEPSAC defensemen in scoring with 51 points.
McNally committed to Harvard University in the ECAC in the spring of 2010. As a freshman in the 2011–12 season, McNally held a scoring line of 5-17-22 in NCAA contests. He was named as a finalist for ECAC Rookie of the Year.
In his senior season with the Crimson in 2014–15, McNally played in 21 games for 21 points in a season interrupted by a knee-injury. With the Canucks non-committal stance on McNally as an impending free agent, his rights were traded at the 2015 NHL Entry Draft to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for a 7th round pick on June 27, 2015. On July 2, 2015, McNally was signed to a two-year entry-level contract by the Sharks.
Awards and honors
|All-ECAC Rookie Team||2011–12|
|All-ECAC Third Team||2011–12|
|All-ECAC Second Team||2014–15|
|ECAC All-Tournament Team||2014–15|
|All-Ivy League Second Team||2014–15|
- "Boys' Hockey, 2009-2010". Milton.edu. 2012-04-03. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- Ryan. "USHL 2010 USHL Entry Draft". Finishyourcheck.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "US Hockey Report :: Division 1 NE Prep Scoring Leaders 2010-11*". Ushr.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- Chris Heisenberg's 2010 List. "Chris Heisenberg's 2010 List". Spreadsheets.google.com. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "ECAC Hockey Mobile : Finalists Named for League’s Rookie-of-the-Year Award". Ecachockey.com. 2012-03-09. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- Botchford, Jason. "Canucks prospect linked to scandal". Theprovince.com. Retrieved 2012-12-13.
- "Canucks mulling their options with Patrick McNally". Vancouver Sun. 2015-05-20. Retrieved 2015-05-20.
- "Sharks acquire McNally for 7th round pick". San Jose Sharks. 2015-06-27. Retrieved 2015-06-27.
- "Sharks sign defenseman Patrick McNally". San Jose Sharks. 2015-07-02. Retrieved 2015-07-02.
Cite error: Invalid
<ref> tag; name "Milton_Boys_Hockey" defined multiple times with different content